10.

christmas break

Sage had gone back home, with Harry, the night after the ball. Some students had, not everyone. The second task wasn't until a week after they returned back from Christmas. Harry had some time to figure it out, but not much. Once she arrived home she opened the door. "Dad?" She questioned.

"Bedroom," Remus called out.

Harry and Sage exchanged looks as they took their coats off. They slipped their snowy shoes off and placed them on the doormat. Sage set her bag on the couch and led Harry to her father's room. She knocked softly before pushing open the door. She saw her father lying in bed, but he seemed fine. "What happened?" Sage asked.

"Just some mild scratches on my chest, from the transformation," Remus answered. "Hello, Harry,"

Harry nodded "Hello Remus," Harry greeted.

"How's school you two?" Remus asked.

"It's fine," Sage replied.

"Same here," Harry responded.

"Harry, did you find out anything else?" Remus asked, "About the second task, have any clue what it is?"

Sage watched Harry shake his head "No- not yet," Harry answered.

Remus nodded slowly "Alright well you have a few weeks to think about it," Remus told him and turned to his daughter before he could say anything he was cut off.

"My godkids!" Sirius cheered from the doorway. Sage and Harry turned around quickly, before rushing to hug their godfather. Sirius hugged the two of them tightly. "Quickly go unpack your things so we can catch up,"

Harry and Sage both nodded "Harry you can sleep in my room," Sage offered and went to grab her bag. Once she had her bag she lead Harry up to her room, it wasn't much but there was enough open space on the floor for a bed. "We can take turns sleeping on the bed,"

"Okay," Harry said, "Thank you, Sage,"

"You're welcome," Sage said and started unpacking her stuff and putting it away. Harry just put his bag in the corner. Sage also set up a bed on the floor.

Sage sighed "Alright, let's go," Sage said after she set everything up.

Harry and Sage made their way downstairs where Remus was sitting at the island, talking with Sirius. Who was still wanted for murdering 10 people, but sometimes he hid at the Lupin's residence. Sage and Harry climbed onto barstools that were around the island. "So I heard there was a ball?" Sirius said, "How was that?"

Harry looked over at Sage who bit down on her lip. "It was fun," Harry answered, but Sage remembered him sitting there the whole dance, "I went with Parvati Patil,"

Remus smiles "That great Harry," Remus said softly "Who'd you go with Sage?"

Sage looked over at Harry who nodded "Sirius cmon I wanna show you something," Harry lied to her so he could get Sirius out of the room, so Sage could attempt to tell her father the truth without Sirius raging. He hated the Malfoy's, particularly Slytherin's in general.

"Sage?" Remus questioned, watching Sirius and Harry walk upstairs. "What's wrong? Did you go with Seamus or Dean?"

Sage shook her head slowly "N-no I didn't," she said quietly. How was her father gonna react to this? She was afraid of his reaction. "Seamus and Dean went together and we weren't on very good terms," Sage looked down at her shoes.

Remus nodded slowly, starting to understand "Draco?" He questioned, making Sage look up quickly, "You went with Draco?"

"What?" Sage asked, "How did you-"

"McGonagall said you two were getting closer than expected, but as respect for your privacy she didn't tell me you two were going to the ball together," Remus explained.

"Dad- I don't like him- I promise," Sage lied quickly.

"It's okay if you do Sage, I've liked, maybe loved someone from that family," Remus said softly.

Sage realized "Sirius?" She questioned. She was right of course, Sirius and Draco's mother were cousins, making them from the same bloodline.

Remus nodded slowly "We went out for a while when we were your age but called it off as our Hogwarts years came to an end," Remus explained.

"Are you made?" Sage mumbled, letting a few tears fall from her face.

"No- No! Of course not!" Remus exclaimed as he pulled his daughter into a hug.

That night.

Harry, Sage, and Remus had headed over to the Weasley's leaving Sirius at home for safety reasons. Sage felt at home when she was at the burrow.

The group of Weasley kids and Sage and Harry sat around in a circle as they opened gifts. The Weasley's never had much money but they always got Sage and Harry a gift.

As Sage carefully opened her gift from the Weasley's it revealed a small black box. She opened it up to reveal a necklace, with a gold chain and the Gryffindor keeper symbol.

Sage smiled happily "Thank you!" She exclaimed and put it on. But she happened to see her father turn to leave who was followed by Molly and Arthur. Sage looked at Harry before following the adults.

She was about to walk in when suddenly she heard them argue. "Remus it's time to tell her the truth," Arthur argued.

"No! No it's not! She doesn't have to know!" Remus hissed, "She's nearly 15 it's too late!"

Molly sighed softly "Remus cmon, a girl deserves to know who her-" Molly was cut off by Sage walking into the room.

"What do I get to know?" Sage asked suddenly.

Remus's head turned to his daughter quickly "Nothing! It's nothing!" Remus gave the Weasley parents glares before walking his daughter back out to the rest of the group.

Molly and Arthur sighed before following the Lupin duo out. So Sage enjoyed the rest of her Christmas but couldn't stop thinking about what her father had been arguing about the Weasley's about. Back to Hogwarts, she would go though.

A/N:So glad to finish another chapter

A/N:
So glad to finish another chapter. My plan for this book is to finish act one by mid-November now. Which will be doable. Anyways I might be able to finish the act in the next week. Also, another chapter will probably be out tonight Bc it's only like 8 o'clock.