43.

poison

Sage sat in the Great Hall, playing with her food. They had been back from break for about a week and for the most part everything had been running smoothly and normally.

Harry had been pleasing Slughorn more than ever, quite annoying. Really annoying actually.

Seamus glanced at Sage "Are you alright?" He asked, she had barely spoken a word to any of them.

Sage looked up a them "I'm fine just," she said before sighing, "Lucius hit Draco,"

"What?" Dean asked.

"I went over to his house, it was weird when I arrived but I didn't think much of it. At least until I saw Draco with a black eye," Sage explained, "He tried to lie but y'know..."

"Is be okay?" Seamus asked.

"I think so, the bruise went down so at least no one else will know as he wanted," she said but sounded very hesitant.

Seamus and Dean glanced at each other but decided to stay silent about the situation.

Sage pushed her plate away "Not hungry?" Dean asked.

Sage shook her head "Not really," she said softly, her eyes just glancing around the Great Hall.

A week later

Nothing from Dumbledore, for Sage at least. Harry was supposed to talk to him. Sage sat in the common room with Ginny and Hermione. Harry took Ron with him because apparently someone put a love potion in some chocolates and it wasn't Lavender.

Sage's leg bounced up and down but Harry didn't return for a while. When he did there was a worrisome look on his face. "Ron's in the hospital wing," Harry said, Hermione looked up quickly.

"Wait what?" Ginny asked, "What happened?"

"Pomfrey said he was poisoned," Harry explained. Soon after some chatting, they made it to the hospital wing.

Hermione sat next to him, gripping his hand tightly. Pomfrey was still tending to him, he was asleep and alive, better than nothing.

"Will he be okay?" Sage asked.

"He should be, just needs a lot of rest," Pomfrey told them.

Sage had left after a while to meet with Draco down by the lake. He was waiting for her. "Sorry I'm late," she said quickly as she sat next to him. "Ron's in the hospital wing, poison"

"It's okay," Draco said, "Ron's your friend, I understand."

"Thank you," Sage said, looking over at him "How are you?"

"I'm doing fine, better now. Thank you for what you and your dad did over break, letting me stay with you guys," Draco said.

Sage nodded "Of course Draco, it wasn't a big deal, honestly," Sage admitted, "it was great having you over,"

Draco smiles slipping an arm around her, Sage leans into him. "It's beautiful out, cold but beautiful," Draco said. Sage just nodded.

The snow was starting to melt and the air felt clean. So yes maybe a little muddy, but she was happy to be with Draco.

Despite everything that was going on, Draco made it easy. Easy to talk to him and open up. "I love you," Sage said softly.

Draco looked down at her, he had a smile on his face. "I love you too, Sage," he said, leaning down to kiss her, and Sage kissed him back, cupping his face gently.

When they pulled away they both had large smiles on their face and Sage laid her head in his lap. Draco grinned down at her "What?" She asked chuckling.

"After the war, I promise we'll get married and have cute little blonde babies running around," Draco told her, "We'll spend the rest of our lives together because I love you,"

Sage smiled warmly, that was the sweetest thing anyone had ever said to her. "Thank you Draco, and I really like the sound of that," she said.

"Well I'm glad you do and I'm glad we're on the same page," Draco said.

A/N:I'm sorry for this short chapter and how long it's been since I updated

A/N:
I'm sorry for this short chapter and how long it's been since I updated. I have really bad writers' block rn! I hope you enjoyed though.