33.

sixth year

Sage walked onto the Hogwarts Express and went to find Seamus. He was sitting in a compartment alone. No Dean.

Sage sighed and opened the compartment, all this drama with Dean was gonna suck, but Dean was in the wrong and Seamus needed a friend. "Hey Seamus," Sage said as she sat down across from her. Dean wasn't there, the first time in 6 years the three didn't ride together on the way to Hogwarts.

"Hey," Seamus greeted, "How're you?"

Sage shrugged "I'm alright," Sage replied, "And you?"

"I'm doing fine..." Seamus said but trailed off.

Sage stared at him, "You sure?" She asked, "If you wanna-"

"I'm fine!" Seamus snapped, "Sorry... I'm fine,"

Sage nodded slowly "Um alright," Sage said slowly. She felt bad for Seamus, understood he was upset over the whole situation with Dean.

Great Hall

Sage took a seat by Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. She and Ginny didn't speak a word to each other. Ginny could tell Sage was mad about her and Dean. Ron was shoving food down his throat and Hermione stared at him, "Will you stop eating!" Hermione hissed, hitting him with her book in between books, "Your best friend is missing!"

Ron stared at her "No he isn't, turn around you lunatic!" Ron defended the group turned to look at the entrance to the great hall, Harry was talking inside, his nose bleeding.

Ginny stared "He's covered in blood," Ginny pointed out, "Why is it he's always covered in blood?"

Harry took a seat by them and chatted about what happened, Draco.

"Very best of evenings to you all, first off let me introduce the newest member of our staff. Horace Slughorn," Dumbledore announced and everyone clapped, "Professor Slughorn has agreed to presume his old post as Potions master. Meanwhile, the post as Defense Against the Dark Arts will be taken by Professor Snape," People clapped slowly for Snape.

"Bloody great," Ron mumbled.

"As you know each and every one of you was searched upon your arrival here tonight and you have the right to know why. Once there was a young man like you sitting in this very hall. Walked this castle's corridors. Stepped under this roof. Seemed to all the world a student like any other. His name... Tom Riddle," Dumbledore explained, the Great Hall gasped at the mention of his name, "Today, of course, he's known all over the world by another name. This is why as a stand looking out upon you all tonight, I'm reminded of a sobering fact. Every day, every hour, this very minute perhaps, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castles walls. In the end, their greatest weapon is you. That's something to think about, now off to bed!"

"That was cheerful," Harry said sarcastically. The Gryffindors walked to their common room, following the prefects. As they were walking Dean ran up next to Sage.

"Hey Sage, sorry I didn't sit with you guys," he said quickly, a huge smile on his face.

Sage looked at him "Too busy with Ginny eh?" Sage said coldly, a little too much.

Dean's smile faded off his face, "Sage-?" Dean questioned. "Did I do something?"

Sage just nodded "Yes you did," Sage said and turned to face him, Dean was almost a whole head and a half taller than her.

"Is this about Seamus?" Dean asked.

Sage sighed "Yes, you hurt him. How could you?" Sage asked.

"I fell in love with Ginny and I didn't think Seamus and I were a summer thing, I thought it was a couple of times thing," Dean explained.

Sage rolled her eyes, "You are such an idiot Dean. He wanted to be with you!" Sage hissed and pushed herself forward in the group of students.

Girls Dormitory

Sage sat on her bed and smiled at the other four Gryffindor girls in her year. "Then Padma and I just completely messed up the kitchen," Parvati explained, she was talking about her summer break.

"Really suck at muggle baking that much?" Lavender teased.

Parvati rolled her eyes "Whatever, anyway," she said.

Elizabeth looked over at Parvati before shrugging, "My brother got married, it was fun. Interesting though, since it was mostly a muggle wedding," Elizabeth explained.

Hermione smiled "I've never been to a magical wedding, but muggle weddings are fun for me," Hermione said.

"What do you guys think about Snape being Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor?" Lavender asked.

"I just hope he isn't like Umbridge," Sage admitted, smiling.

Hermione nodded "Hopefully," she said sighing.

The girls finally relaxed in bed, Sage drifted off to sleep peacefully. Maybe this year would be normal but for now, time to tutor her ex-boyfriend so Dumbledore's plan worked and spend time with Cho. Time to be a normal teenager for once, just once in her life.

A/N:Sorry for the wait on this chapter and it's so short

A/N:
Sorry for the wait on this chapter and it's so short. Anyways thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it!