19.

⚠️: lots of setting/time skips.

ascension

Sage sat in the great hall with Ron, Ginny, and Hermione as Ron shoved food down his throat. "Do you ever stop eating?" Hermione asked.

"I'm hungry," Ron defended, shrugging as Harry walked up.

"Harry..." Hermione said slowly.

"Can I join you?" Harry asked quietly.

Hermione looked over at Ron and Ginny then at Sage. "Of course-" Sage started.

"Professor, what exactly are you insinuating?" Professor Umbridge could be heard from behind the great hall doors.

"I am really requesting when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices," McGonagall explained. The students started gathering outside to watch the two women argue. Sage stood next to Ginny.

"So silly but it sounds as your questing my authority, in my own classroom," Umbridge argued, "Minerva,"

"Not at all, Dolores," McGonagall shot back, "Merely your medieval methods,"

"I'm sorry dear, but to question my practices is to question the ministry," Umbridge said, "And by extension the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman, but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty!"

"Disloyalty," McGonagall said slowly, stepping down from the step.

Umbridge turned to the students, "Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action," she explained to them.

That's when it all started, the rules. The first one was she had been appointed pretty much as headmistress. Which sucked for each and every student. All of it was known now, across the wizarding world.

Divination Class

Sage sat next to Dean as Umbridge walked into the room. Trelawney was explaining something, "Just one question dear," Umbridge interrupted, "You've been in this post for how long exactly?"

Trelawney stammered "16 years,"

"One Teeny little prophecy then?" Umbridge asked, Trelawney was thinking, "Pity," Umbridge wrote down on her pad.

"Wait no! Wait! I think I do see something," Trelawney said quickly, "You are in grave danger,"

"Lovely," Umbridge said as she left the room.

Potions Class

Sage stared at Snape who was standing still as Umbridge walked in. "You applied first for the Defense Against the Dark Arts is that correct?" Umbridge asked.

"Yes," Snape said blankly.

"That you were unsuccessful?" Umbridge questioned.

"Obviously," he said slowly, which made Ron start laughing. As Umbridge left Snape smacked Ron on the head.

Great Hall