6.

the first task

A few weeks had passed and the first task was around the corner. Harry had figured out you had to defeat a dragon and had told Sage and a few others. Harry also told Cedric, meaning all the champions knew that dragons were the first task.

Draco and a few other students had been passing out 'Potter Stinks' badges. It bothered Sage but, Seamus or Dean hadn't gotten any luckily. Or any one of her other friends. Mainly Hufflepuff's and Slytherins.

Sage grabbed her stuff and waited for Seamus and Dean in the common room. She had started talking to Seamus again, even though it still upset her that he was being a prick to not only Harry but her as well. Dean and Seamus made their way down the steps. "Ready?" Dean asked.

Sage nodded "Yeah," she answered, "Let's go,"

The group started walking where the first task was taking place "Well, I can't believe we're already at the first task," Dean mumbled.

Seamus nodded slowly "Yeah that is crazy, Christmas break is only like a month away," Seamus agreed.

Sage smiled "Before we know it, we'll be graduated and off making our families," Sage said.

Dean shook his head slowly "We gotta make it that far first," Dean joked.

Sage turned her head towards him, nudging him in the side "I mean, I don't plan on dying anytime soon. Don't jinx us, Thomas," Sage teased.

Seamus and Dean both chuckled and Sage laughed along. Everyone was walking in small groups to the task. She could see Ron and Hermione together ahead of them. Cedric's friends, the Weasley twins, and Ginny.

Sage took a quick glance around "Cmon, we gotta get some good seats," Sage announced and climbed up some stairs and took a seat with Ron; Hermione wasn't there. The five chatted quietly until a canon went off as Hermione arrived back. The sudden canon made everyone jump and Cedric Diggory walked out.

The Hufflepuff section cheered loudly. "Cedric! Cedric!" They cheered. Cedric easily beat his dragon, known as the Swedish Short-Snout. He used the rock-to-dog spell. Which transformed a rock into a dog.

Once Cedric received the dragon egg, people cheered loudly, including Sage who clapped for the boy.

Another canon went off and out came Fleur Delacour. Fleur ducked behind a rock as Beauxbatons cheered for her. The blonde turned to look at her dragon, common welsh green, the dragon moved towards her. Fleur turned quickly, her wand in hand, and casted a sleeping spell. Within seconds the dragon was asleep and Fleur was running to grab her dragon egg. The minute she picked it up her school cheered.

Sage again clapped as did her friends. Another canon went off and Viktor Krum walked out, his Dragon breathing fire quickly, Durmstrang cheered in sync as Viktor met eyes with the Chinese fireball. Viktor went behind the same rock Fleur had gone behind. He slowly started to move towards the egg as he dodged the dragon's fire breath.

He grabbed his wand and used the conjunctivitis curse. This made the dragon's eyes swell shut, the dragon stepped on some real eggs as Viktor grabbed the golden egg.

Next was Harry, he stepped out when the cannon went off. He had the Hungarian Horntail, the hardest dragon anyone had faced today. The dragon was covered in deadly spikes. Harry ran to hide behind a rock as the dragon breathed fire against the rock.