49.

the wedding

Sage carefully curled her hair, Ginny beside her. Bill and Fleur were getting married later that night. Sage looked over at Ginny and smiled. "Excited?"

Ginny nodded. "I am," she said.

Sage smiled softly. "Maybe Harry will ask you to dance," she said, nudging her friend gently. "I mean you guys did share a kiss."

Ginny blushed slightly. "I hope so," she admitted, sighing. "Well, we haven't talked about it since it happened."

Sage nodded. "Well, I hope he decides to talk to you about it."

Ginny looked over at her. "Is Draco coming?" She asked.

She shrugged. "I dunno, I invited him and he said he'd try and come."

Ginny looked over at her. "I honestly don't know what you see in that boy."

Sage shrugged. "He's sweet when you warm up to him. He doesn't try to one-up me and compare everything he's been through to me. Sure he has his cons but that doesn't matter to me," she explained before shaking her head slowly. From side to side. "I don't know what you see in Harry."

"What do you mean?" Ginny asked. "Aren't you guys close, you know his good qualities."

She nodded. "Not anymore, it's just different between us because..." Sage trailed off. She didn't wanna reveal her secret although more people than wanted to know now.

"Because of what?"

She shook her head quickly. "Nothing, we're just growing up and growing out of each other."

She frowned. "The war seems to be doing that."

Sage sighed. "It's whatever I guess," she admitted, walking over to Ginny's closet, where she kept her clothes when she was staying over. Sage took her dress out and laid in on Ginny's bed.

Sage's dress was a burgundy dress, it wasn't a tight dress but it reached just below her knees. It was decked out in small rhinestones.

Ginny was facing away, to give Sage privacy as she slipped on her dress. Once she was done she walked downstairs to see Ron. "Hey, Ron."

Ron nodded slightly. "Hey, Sage."

Curiously she wondered if Harry told Ron about the whole Dumbledore thing. He probably did know. "So uh..." She started but began to grow nervous about the thought in her head. Ron had always been a friend, a brother to her. "How are you?"

He shrugged. "The best I can be," he said and looked over at her. "I know."

"What?"

"I know about what happened the night Dumbledore died," he explained. "So does Hermione."

Sage looked down. "Assuming Harry told you his side," she said.

He nodded. "Yeah he did, look Harry is my best mate and all but, you're basically family. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but at some point I want answers. Not now, it doesn't even have to be until the war is over, just some time."