Chapter 62. The Murder Of The One

In Alaric's apartment, I walk up the stairs carrying breakfast for Alaric. I knock on his door.

Damon answers it "Morning sunshine"

"Hey, how's Alaric?" I move to enter the apartment.

Damon closes the door slightly to block my way "Indecent, but fine"

"So then, does that mean there were no issues last night?"

"Nope. Slept like a baby, woke up Alaric. No head minds about dead Council members"

"Then why do I feel like you're hiding something from me?"

"Well, maybe because you're being all paranoid and control freaky. What'd you bring me?" Damon takes the bag from her and sniffs it "Ooo, chocolate muffins. You know what they say; a way to a psycho killer's heart is through his stomach"

I take the bag back from him smirking "They're not for you"

"Fine. Keep convincing yourself you're still mad at me. But sadly, Ric's gonna have to miss Eliana time today. You know lockdown and all"

"Just take it and give it to him and tell him that we miss him, okay?" I hand Damon the bag of muffins.

Damon smiles "With pleasure"

"Please" 

Damon starts to shut the door on me "Have a great day, thanks for coming by"

"Dam__"

Damon closes the door.

《♡♡♡♡♡♡♡》

In the woods, we gather talking about plan.

Stefan says "Klaus has always been one step ahead of us, but now we have the advantage. We're all armed and they are all linked, meaning we only need to kill one of them. We need to seize the best opportunity, which means we need to prepare for every opportunity"

Damon says "Scenario number one" Damon grabs Elena and moves her over "You get to play Klaus"

Elena says "Okay"

Stefan says "Rebekah is our target so we distract her and catch her off guard. To do that we need to keep Klaus separate and occupied" Stefan looks at Caroline "Caroline"

Caroline says Why do I always have to be Klaus bait?"

I say "Because he's obsessed with you"

Damon walks over to Caroline "But for right now we need you to play Rebekah. We use the quarterback to distract her. Just keep her talking"

Matt asks "How?"

Damon says "Act interested. She's lonely, desperate"

Caroline says "Clearly. She slept with you" I suppresses a grin.

Damon says "Hm. Beefcake holds bombshell. I come up from behind her" Damon gets behind Caroline, grabs her arms, and put them behind her back "Grab her arms like this"

Caroline says "Ow!"

Stefan comes up with the stake in his hand, imitating stabbing Caroline. "Gives me time for one shot" Damon lets go of Caroline "Got it? Good. So we all have one stake, we keep it hidden and we look out for any opportunity we have"

Damon says "No last minute attacks of pity for any of them" Damon looks at Elena and me.

Elena says "Don't worry about me. Not after what happened to Bonnie's mom"

I say "Damon the one who turn her, why we blame the Mikealsons"

Stefan says "Eliana, really don't stop us"