Chapter 5. You're Undead To Me

In the house, I'm waking up and go to the bathroom. I meet Vicki heading to the bathroom but stop as she sees me 

"I__ I'm sorry, I'm almost done"

I shake my head "It's___ it's ok. Take your time" I went downstairs and Vicki goes to Jeremy's room.

I head to the kitchen Jenna is making breakfast, and Jessica drinks coffee, Jessica winks at me "Did you see?"

I wink back "Oufff hot time" I slap Jessica's hand "Don't drink coffee"

Elena finds us in the kitchen "Jenna! Are you aware of what's going on upstairs?"

Jenna nods "Uh-huh"

Elena asks "And you have no objection?"

Jenna says "He could be craftier about it, at least make an effort to sneak her in and out. Oh, and just so you know, I won't be home for dinner"

Jessica teases Elena "Why are you always a buzz killer" Elena slaps her shoulder. 

I say "Oh, so you're actually going to do it. You're gonna go out with Logan"

Jenna says "I'm going to show up and torture him, yes" Turns to Elena "And have you heard from Stefan?"

Elena shakes her head "Not since he left that very vague message three days ago 'Hi, um, Elena, I, um, have something I have to do. I'll, uh, explain in a few days'"

Jessica says "Maybe chocking his brother"

I smile "Damon deserves it"

Jessica says "You sang to him"

I shrug "Well, I sang to everyone" 

Jenna asks "Haven't you called him?"

Elena says "Nope. Not going to either"

I look at her raising my eyebrow "And you're ok with everything?"

Elena says "No, I'm not ok with any of it. But I'm not gonna cry about it, either. You know, I was going to write in my diary this morning and then I thought, what am I going to write? Honestly, I'm not gonna be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops spinning because of some guy"

Jenna says "Ok, then"

Elena says "I'll be fine"

《♡♡♡♡♡♡》

In my room, I am sitting on the bed reading the article on my laptop

Vampires come in many fictional forms, some of them serious, some of them silly. But what form do real vampires come in? Do vampires exist? There is a fascinating and suggestive tale from the history of New Orleans, one of America's most haunted cities. Indeed, the gruesome story of the Carter brothers reveals something about vampires — and maybe about the Crescent City itself. 

The year was 1932. A young girl stormed down Royal Street, visibly panicked, her stride broken only by the diligent interception of a police officer. Her story sounded a bit farfetched: tied up by two brothers, along with several other victims, and held captive so the brothers could drink their blood.

The girl claimed that she was only able to escape due to her captors' carelessness in securing her ropes. Somewhat skeptical, the police agreed to follow her back to the home on the corner of Royal and St. Ann. Once the police and the girl arrived at the home, which was owned by the Carter brothers, they were horrified to find, as the girl had described, four other victims, half-dead, tied to chairs in one of the rooms.

All victims had their wrists wrapped with bandages, moist and stained with blood. Two more bodies wrapped in blankets were tucked away in yet another room. The unmistakable suffocating odor of death permeated the apartment.