Chapter 10. The Turning Point

In Salvatore Boarding house, Stefan walks into the parlour room where Damon is staring out the window, I'm sleeping on the couch.

Stefan looks at me "Eliana slept here"

Damon nods "To check I'm okay until she falls asleep"

I open my eyes but I pretend to sleep. 

Stefan asks "Okay, So any idea of where you'll go?"

Damon shrugs "I don't know. London, maybe. See some friends"

"You don't have any friends, Damon"

"You're right, Stefan but now" He looks at me "I have her, I only have both of you" Turns away from the window "So, where are we goin'?"

"We are not going anywhere. I'm gonna live my life as far away from you as possible"

Damon walks towards Stefan "But we're a team! We could travel the world together. We could try out for 'The Amazing Race'"

"Mmmm, that's funny. Seriously, where are you going? Because we are not staying in this town"

The doorbell rings. Damon and Stefan glance at the door and back at each other. Stefan leaves.

I sit on the couch rubbing my eyes "Good morning"

Damon smiles slowly "Good morning, You are a bad actor"

Stefan opens the door. Liz Forbes is outside.

Damon and I go downstairs and went to the doorway, Damon greets with a smile "Sheriff. What a surprise"

Liz smiles "Sorry to bother you, but we need to talk"

Damon welcomes her "Come in" 

Liz enters the house and Damon shuts the door and leads Liz out into the back courtyard. 

Stefan uses his vamp hearing to listen in to Liz and Damon's conversation. He was telling me that there is another attack and they will tell the town is another animal attack but can't be sure if they keep lying to them and Damon is the only one who's ever taken on a vampire.

Stefan and I are sitting in the parlor still listening to them. Elena calls me and I keep ignoring her calls.

Damon heads to the door with Liz "Thank you for stopping by"

Liz smiles "Let me know what you come up with"

Damon opens the front door for her "Absolutely"

Liz exits and Damon shuts the front door. 

Stefan gets up and Vamp speeds over to Damon grabs him by his shirt and holds him against the door "What is wrong with you? You killed somebody?"

I walk to them cross my arms to my chest "Stop, he didn't. I was with him"

Damon snaps"Get off of me" he pushes Stefan off "A...don't touch me. B...if I had, I wouldn't have been so obvious about it" walks past Stefan and turns around "C...There's another vampire in town, D... she was like annoyed babysitting to me"

I roll my eyes "You should thank me"

Stefan shrugs "That's impossible"

"Obviously not" Damon turns around and starts walking into the parlour

Stefan wonders "Then, who could it be?"

Damon shrugs  "Ah, what do we care? We're leaving anyway, right?"

I point at him "You can't leave, there is another one"

"No, I can't leave now and you know that" Stefan approaches Damon "How are we supposed to find this person?"