Chapter 54. The New Deal

In Mystic Grill, Elena and Bonnie are sitting at a table. Chris and Jessica sitting together, and Damon and Alaric are sitting at the bar.

Damon has lots of different alcohol bottles in front of him. Alaric is reading something. 

Damon says "Oh, I give you a choice. Bloody Mary or Screwdriver. Brunch in a bottle. Come on Ric, I can't drink all this by myself. I mean I can but then somebody's getting naked" Damon looks at the female bartender. She looks back smiling "Oh man I can't believe you're making me drink alone"

Alaric says "I'm busy"

I sit next to Damon pretend not to hear what shit he said.

Damon smiles at me "Drink"

I say "No, thanks"

Damon says "It's the eve of Klaus-ageddon. You're doing homework?"

Alaric says "This may come as a shock but I am not here to hang out with you. I'm here to see Jeremy. Who is an hour late for his shift"

Damon says "Kids today...Where are their values?"

I say "He must be here"

Alaric puts Jeremy's mid-term paper on the counter which has the title "American History 201". It has an "F" grading on it.

Alaric says "That's his mid-term paper. Copied it straight off the Internet. Didn't even try to hide it"

I wonder "What the hell"

Damon says "Ohh, somebody's getting grounded"

Jeff says "Did you say you are waiting for Jeremy-as in Jeremy Gilbert? your brother"

Alaric says "Yeah."

I say "No, Jeff my aunt of course my brother"

Jeff says "He was fired last week"

Damon says "Oops"

Alaric looks away from the bar and sees the girls at a tables.

I say "You forget to mention it to me, Jeff"

Jeff says "You're the mother, I thought he told you"

《♡♡♡♡♡♡》

Later, I'm on the phone, leaving a message for Jeremy. Damon is shooting darts.

I say "Jeremy, the minute that you get this call me!!" I hang up. Damon gets a bulls-eye "Unbelievable!!"

Damon says "You are feisty when you are mad"

I sigh "It's not that I'm mad. I'm just-I'm worried"

"But why? He lost his job at the Grill. He can survive, Eliana"

"He is spiraling. Ever since Bonnie broke up with him, he is moody, he is not really talking to anyone"

"It's typical teenager"

"Who's seeing ghosts and has lost everyone that he cares about"

"Not everyone. He still has you, Elena and Jessica" Damon shoots a dart. He goes to the dartboard and retrieves his darts.

"You okay?"

"What makes you think I'm not okay?"

"Well, We are not talking and you're day drunk. It's not exactly your most attractive look"

"Hmm- what is my most attractive look?" Damon moves closer toward me.

"Ah, ah- I'm not saying you have any attractive looks. I'm saying this is my least favorite one..."