Chapter 43. The Sun Also Rises

Elena, I, and Jenna are sitting on the ground. Jenna is clutching at her head "Oh, my head. What's wrong with me?"

Elena asks "Do you remember what happened?"

Jenna says "You called me. You were so scared. Oh, ah, I should have realized that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire"

I say "Klaus. It was Klaus"

Jenna says "He made me drink his blood. And I don't...I don't remember anything after that" She looks around, anxiously "Where are we? What happened?"

I take Jenna's hands into my own "We're at the quarry. He brought us here"

Jenna asks "Why don't I remember anything?"

Elena says "Jenna, do you remember...When I told you how someone becomes a vampire?"

Jenna says "Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's..." pauses, realizes what has happened to her "Oh, god. He killed me"

Elena says "Jenna, listen to me. Listen to me; everything's going to be okay"

I say "I'm going to get you out of here"

Jenna says "I'm a vampire?"

Greta says "And I bet you're hungry"

Greta approaches us; Jenna, I, and Elena look up at her from the ground.

Elena sees a sharp rock nearby and rushes to grab it, but, with a wave of her hand.

Greta sends Elena flying backward. Elena lands painfully in the dirt. 

I stand "Don't fight, Elena" I wave my hand Greta falls to the ground "You have to take Jenna out, Greta" 

Greta stands "I can't" Greta waves her hand again, creating a circle of fire around Elena and me.

Elena stands up, I rush towards the flames, but find that I can't escape.

Greta says "Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped. No matter what you do"

I say "I'm witch, honey"

Great says "Not all of them"

Elena says "Greta...Please, just- just let her go"

Greta slices her wrist open with the sharp rock. Blood drips from her wound. Jenna looks at it, hungrily "Klaus chose her"

Elena and I say "No!"

Greta lowers her wrist towards Jenna "Drink it"

Elena says "Jenna, don't!"

I say "If you drink it, he will sacrifice you with us"

Jenna says "I can't"

Elena says "Let her go. Hey!" Jenna continues to stare at Greta's bloody wrist and finally sinks her teeth in "No! No" Elena's eyes glisten with tears. Jenna closes her eyes as the warm blood enters her mouth. 

After a few moments, Greta pulls his wrist out of Jenna's grip and Jenna falls to the ground "That's enough" Greta stands up.

I say "Jenna. It's going to be okay"

Greta flicks her wrist and another circle of fire surrounds Jenna.

Jenna retreats from the flames, looking terrified.

Elena says "Look at me. Hey, look at me" Jenna turns her head towards Elena, blood still running down her chin "It's gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay"

I sigh looking around.

Jenna silently "no" as the dark veins of hunger creep toward her eyes. Elena is pacing back and forth in her circle of fire. Jenna is kneeling in hers.