Chapter 33. The Sacrifice

In the house, I wake up when I hear a noise coming from inside the house. My bedroom door is slightly ajar.

I look around, Jessica sleeping next to me hugging her book, I was having her notebook on my lap, I take the book and notebook put on the nightstand, I take the blanket putting over us

I lay back down, turns over in my bed, and shuts my eyes.

I felt someone go out of the room, I jolted out of bed, once again, when I hears a door slamming loudly.

I sit up in my bed. Jessica was sleeping like a baby, I gets out of bed and slowly walks across my room.

I quietly opens my ajar door, I face Elena. We freaked out without a voice

I move my lips "Did you hear that?" She nods and we walk out onto the landing.

We look around the landing for anything suspicious and quietly approach Jeremy's room, looking in through his ajar door.

Suddenly, we hear a noise from behind us. We gasp and spin around.

Alaric, shirtless and in his boxers, have also been startled by our unexpected appearance on the landing.

Elena, I, and Alaric try to catch our breath after the scare.

Alaric says "Elena. Eliana. Ahem"

I say "Oh, Ric"

Alaric lowers the ice cream bowl he's carrying towards his nether region.

Elena says "We heard something.

Alaric chuckles nervously. Elena avoids his gaze, embarrassed.

Jenna walks up the stairs, wearing Alaric's shirt. She runs her hand through her hair, embarrassed as well "That was us. I'm sorry"

Alaric says "We didn't think anyone else was up"

Jenna says "But here you are"

Alaric says "We were just__"

I laugh "Guys it's okay"

Jenna and Alaric try to explain the situation to us but are failing in their attempt.

Alaric sighs holding out the ice cream bowl to me and Elena "Chunky Monkey?"

We share a look trying not to smile, I say "I swear it's okay, right Elena"

"Well..." he chuckles "I'm naked. So I'm gonna go" Alaric walks past us and into Jenna's bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

Elena starts to walk back towards her room.

Jenna embarrassed walks up the remainder of the stairs "I'm really really sorry" 

Elena turns around when she reaches her doorway "It's okay, Jenna, don't worry about it"

Jenna says "I know he's been staying over a lot. Are you --- are you sure it's okay?"