Chapter 3. Friday Night Bites

In Mystic Grill, I order milkshake and sit at the table close to the bar and lost in thought about the past five years.

The waiter comes with the order, I raise my head and find Damon instead holding my milkshake and glass of bourbon.

Damon put them at the table and take a seat "So mysterious girl, you weren't here When I came 5 years ago"

I take a sip "I was in college, mysterious boy" I look at him "Like you know" I smirk "Suddenly all the Salvatores back in town, weird isn't it?"

Damon smirk "You're smart"

I smirk too "I know, no need"

"Stubborn, I like you"

I point at him "Like you, Thanks"

Damon takes a sip "So what did you study in college?"

"History all the world, folklore, religions to be a tour guide"

Damon smiles "I knew it from the way I saw you in the house"

"Your house is vintage, I take some courses to be but as what happened lately, I can't be"

Damon confusing "What happened?"

I smiled sadly "Mom, Dad, and Elena had an accident. They died and Elena survived. I must take care of three teens with my aunt"

"Too much on you"

"No, I can do it" I sigh with a big smile "I must do it"

Damon smiles at me as I take another sip but I have some on my mouth, Damon wipes it with his finger, touching my mouth, and I feel my lip burn as he licks his finger. I look away rolling my eyes. 

We continue talking about other things in the town and how it changed for hours.

《♡♡♡♡♡♡》

In the house, I open the door and find Elena behind it holding bouquets of sunflowers and chocolate. Elena gives me it "I'm sorry, I shouldn't say that but please forgive me" 

I take the Chocolate and the bouquet "Milk chocolate?"

Elena nods with a warm smile "Yes" we hug each other and then I pull away to take off my jacket "I invite Stefan for dinner"

I throw the jacket at the couch "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well, I'm telling now but why?"

I sit on the sofa "I was with Damon in Mystic Grill"

Elena sits too "Really, he was with Caroline this morning. She said she got the older one"

I feel cold "What?"

Elena looks at me guilty "He drove her to school and leave"

I confusing "And sat with me in Grill"

Elena looking seriously "Maybe he isn't dating her"