Chapter 22. Founder's Day

In high school, Everybody is preparing for Founders' Day. I arrive, I see Damon he came to rejoin me "Hello Mother" He kissed my forehead "How are you doing?"

I laugh "Stop saying that" smile "I'm great"

"Why? I'm a father I came to watch my son too"

I smile "My daughter is gonna be hot today"

"you didn't see my son in his old suit"

I came close to him and put my hand on his chest "I want to see his father"

Damon put his face on mine "Maybe I will show her mother without the suit"

I laugh and he kissed my cheek, I see Jeremy "Wait" I'm running after Jeremy "Jeremy! I was wondering where you were. You look great, and you guys did a really great job on the float"

Jeremy says "Go away, Eliana"

I say "Jeremy, come on! Please! I don't want it to be like this between us"

Jeremy says "Why don't you have Damon erase my memory again? Then I could go back to being your in-the-dark little brother"

I say "Jer, please"

Jeremy says "Just don't! You can't fix this that easily; something like this doesn't just get fixed" He looks at me and leaves.

The floats are parading. Carol Lockwood commentator "Let's give a big hand to the Mystic Fall's high school Marching Band!" The marching band and the cheerleaders parade, and everyone applauds and screams "And for a little local history, Mr. Saltzman's students have recreated Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek"

The float arrives in the street. Jeremy and Tyler are in it, they wave to the crowd and pretend to shoot at each other

Mrs. Lockwood says "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our stunning Miss Mystic Falls Court and their handsome escorts"

Elena, Stefan, Caroline, and Matt, and the rest of the Mystic Falls Court and their escorts are on the float; they laugh and wave to the crowd

Mrs. Lockwood says "This is Caroline Forbes, Miss Mystic Falls. Aren't they beautiful?"

Bonnie is in the crowd. She smiles and waves at Elena. Elena smiles and waves back to Bonnie. 

Damon and I walk in front of Bonnie and stop, smile, and wave to Elena. When I see Elena, She is a real copy of Katherine and She looks at Stefan and waves to the rest of the crowd. Damon turns around and sees Bonnie.

Bonnie asks "What do you want?"

Damon says "Just watching the parade" She begins to leave "Where are you going?"

Bonnie says "Away from you"

Damon says "I wanna say something to you"

Bonnie says "Just leave me also ne!"

Damon says "Thank you. The device that Emily spelled could have killed me. I don't take what you did lightly so...thank you"

Bonnie says "I did it for Elena and Eliana"

Damon says "I know that, but I'm still very grateful. And...I owe you" They look at each other for a moment "Enjoy the parade"

I say "Thanks Bonnie"

Bonnie says "No need you're my friend" He leaves, I follow him.

《♡♡♡♡♡♡》

In Mystic Grill, Damon is standing with me at the bar "The period look, it...didn't suit Elena"

I take a sip "Copy of Katherine yeah"