A Week Left

Happy 40th chapter! And eyey, just in time- 2k votes! New cover above: yes//no

Vote on new cover or forever be doomed by my magical powers

"Heya, Lucas."

You heard a high-pitched voice, squeaky and energetic.

'A child?'

"Lucas, who is it?" You call. "My friend, mommy!" He called back.

"Who?" You ask, drying your hands on a kitchen cloth, and hurrying to the door.

A smile appeared on your face when you saw Lucas holding open the door, a pale face peeking through.

"I-I'm Kaito."

"Heya. Would you like to come in?" You ask, propping the door open with your foot.

"U-um..."

You watched the small child fidget with his dark black hair, before staring up at you with his blue eyes.

"Can I ask my mommy first?"

You grin. "Of course! Lucas and I will wait here for you. Just knock, and we'll be there."

You left the door, returning to the kitchen where you were preparing today's lunch.

"Wait!" Plume said, flying to your side. "What are you doing?" She asked, laughing.

"Peeling a potato?"

"You're holding the peeler thing upside down." She said, readjusting it.

"Thanks, Plume!"

She looked at you wearily. "Are you sure you don't want me to do it?"

"Well...I...." You trailed off. 'It would be nice to go watch over Lucas and Kaito.'
"Sure. Thanks, Plume."

And at that very moment, you heard a knock at the door. "Mommy, come quick!" Lucas said, opening the door.

"Hello." You greeted the woman on the other side of the door. You spotted Kaito hiding behind her.

She had blond hair that fell into locks, and bright blue eyes that matched Kaito's.

"Are you Lucas's mother?" She asked. "Aren't you a little young?"

'Well. Excuse me.'

"Hello. And yes I am. Is there a problem?" You asked, an offended look on your face.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that- I usually blurt out things like that." She apologized.

"Say, aren't you in that Fairy Tail guild?"

"I am," you said, happily.

"Did you read today's news? It says that there's Fairy Tail With Engaged Couple!"

'First of all, that heading makes no sense.'

'Secondly, why are we suddenly gossiping like old friends? I barely even know you, lady!'

"Haha. Really." You chuckled.

"Yes!! I wonder what the wedding will be like, how it's going to be, if everyone's invited..." She gushed.

You quietly sighed. "I wonder, right?"

"Oh- but don't you know?" She pressed on, her eyes scanning you eagerly.

You raised your eyes. "No idea."

___

I'm coming home.

"Natsu?" You stood up, almost causing the chair to fall to the floor.

You held the last piece of paper in your hand.

You had spent the whole day with Lucas, Kaito, and his mother. After being grilled about Fairy Tail, you were able to slink away.

Using Lucas as an excuse.

Now you sat in the kitchen, Plume reading to Lucas in the background.

"(Y/N)?" Plume called from the living room- worriedly. "Mama?" Lucas chimed in, and stood up on the couch, his hands on the back.

"Don't worry about me~" You sang, trying to remove their suspicions. "I just wanted to eat some strawberries."

"Need help?" Plume asked.

"Nah, I can manage."

You turned to the fridge, and opened it, taking out the pack of strawberries.

"Mama, I want some!" Lucas yelled from the living room.

"Do you want to listen to the story or not?" Plume asked, sounding exasperated.

"I do, I do!" Lucas said happily, clapping his hands.

You smile, and fill a medium and small bowl with strawberries. Grabbing them, you hand Lucas a bowl while you sit next to them on the small couch.

You watch Lucas eagerly reach into his bowl, grabbing a strawberry while he listened to Plume tell her story.

"And because the princess listened to the prince, believing he was really returning, she rushed out to meet him!"

Lucas bounced up and down. "It's just like mommy and me! We're waiting for papa!"

Plume looked at him, her eyes twinkling. "Correct."

"So then what happens...will the princess find him??" Lucas looked up at her with large eyes, his jaw slightly open.

"What happens...what will happen indeed?" Plume stalls, her gaze wandering over to you, who was squirming uncomfortable in the chair.

'Is she hinting for me to do something?'

"Right." You said weakly, getting up and eating your last strawberry. "I'm going to go out for a bit."

You sighed as you slipped on your shoes, heading outside where the weather was stupidly humid.

"What am I doing..." You muttered, kicking a stone on the pathway. "Natsu's not coming back until...a week? I think."

'I'm going crazy. I'm talking to myself.' You decided, stopping at Fairy Tail. Gazing up at the sign, you felt a smile appear on your face.

'I guess I just walked here on accident, huh?' You turn around, and began to head back.

Until you heard a voice call out, "where are you going?"

You turned around so fast, your hair hit your shoulder. "Gray?!" You asked. You could recognize that voice anywhere.

"Gray. Gray."

You looked up, a parrot say on the branches, looking down at you. It cocked it's head. "Where are you going?" He squawked.

'That voice. Gray.'

"Where are you going?"

This time it was Natsu's.

"What?!" You stare up at the parrot. "Where did...where can I find those people?"

"Pirate." He squawked, hopping off. "Follow me. Follow." He flew off.

"Wait!" You ran after it. 'What about Plume? Lucas?'

"Not waiting. Pirate never waits. Liz never waits."

You stopped in your tracks, your blood running cold. "Lizabeth?"