I Left You

R e c a p

As Alice fell to the ground, unconscious, Lucas also fell- as he was so tired. There were bigger matters that needed to be attended to. 

Rin. 

___

Later

Taking a deep breath, you gave Natsu and the rest one more, small smile. "(Y/N)?" Panic arose in Natsu's voice. "Stop, we can figure something out!"

Giving your head a small shake, you felt your hair stinging your cheeks- you could feel your tears starting to form at the corners of your eyes.

"I'm sorry," you croaked as you lifted a hand. "Obice."

At your words, a dark shadow surrounded everyone- it was often used as a barrier, or a cage. Natsu's fist came in contact with the magic. You could hear him loud and clear.

Actually, you could hear everyone loud and clear. Lucy didn't respond, yet you could see her hands shaking. "(Y/N)..." Natsu leaned against it for support.

"Rin," you called. Your mind was at peace- and you knew you had only one objective. "Dammit, (Y/N)!" Natsu cried.

"Mommy loves you, okay? I really do-" Your voice broke off.

"Alliges Duplicia..."

'Bind.' 

Behind you, Natsu hit the barrier with his magic. Nearby, Lucy touched the shimmering glass-like structure that kept her and Natsu trapped. Her eyes glistened as she recognized the material, and her hands flew to her side. 

You could feel yourself getting tired. As you held up two hands- one directed towards the magic barrier, and the other towards Rin.

Your child raised her eyes as she noticed tendrils crawling towards her, grabbing onto her slowly. Rin's pink hair swung back and forth as her head moved, trying to watch the fast movements.

The young woman was ever so brave as her hand flew to the weapon. She sliced the purple flames that approached her. Even though they had no affect, Rin kept bringing the weapon down, only managing to scatter the small flames.

"(Y/N)!"

Your concentration was shattered as the echo of a scream had rang your ears. The barrier instantly broke.

You heard the sound of feet running towards you. The feeling was indescribable. You didn't want to turn around.

Unfortunately, before you could even do anything about it, a pair of strong arms wrapped around your waist and yanked you backwards.

Your instincts were to grab hold onto something solid- and get yourself upright. But when a white, checkered scarf dangled in front of you, you relaxed against your husband's touch.

"...don't ever do that again. Please." 

"Okay."

"Lies, you're going to do it again, aren't you?"

"I won't if you don't try to stop me."

Natsu's arms tightened. "Can't we figure something else out? Grab a dying man, and-"

"There's no time..." You gently said, turning around and giving Natsu a small hug.