Power Duo

You stared in misery at the scene before you. Your knees were starting to hurt from the small pebbles on the ground.

Just a few feet away, Natsu didn't stir.

The hard surface that was the ground hit your body as you let yourself fall. You closed your eyes to the deafening silence.

"(Y-Y/N)?" A small voice croaked. "Natsu?"

You could recognize that voice anywhere. Your eyes popped open, and you hauled yourself off the ground. Natsu's best friend met your glance.

"(Y/N)!" He flew into you, his small arms wrapped around your neck. "I'm so glad you're alive-!" He was puzzled when you didn't respond. "Is Natsu okay?" He hopped over to his partner.

"He's...fine." The words left your throat, and you tried to swallow the huge lump that you felt. "What's that in your hand?"

Happy's eyes traveled to find yours. His tail was still, almost as if he was dead. "It's a letter. T-t-there's one for you too."

In your waiting palm, he placed the vanilla envelope. You slipped it in your pocket for later. Giving Happy a wary look, you asked, "you alright?"

His stare was blank- not filled with the lively sparkle that it usually carried. The blue cat was silent as he could only stare at the ground, wrinkling his nose, trying his hardest not to cry.

Managing a miserable expression, you left him there to just stare at the blank area ahead of him. You knelt down by Natsu, and clutched his hand, tightly.

"Sweetheart." You softly murmured, waking him with magic. "Nnn..." His groggy voice sounded sleepy, as he opened his eyes.

"Rise and shine, beauty queen." You said, still crestfallen. "(Y/N), you..." Natsu pulled himself up, his grip tightening around your hand. "You put me to sleep," he halfheartedly accused.

Sensing your discomfort like a good husband, he let his hand rest on your head. "What happened? You look as if someone stole your favorite food."

At his attempt to cheer you up, you could only crack a forced smile. "Can you just..." You rested your head against his chest, "can you just hold me?"

Natsu became quiet, as his free hand played with your hair. "...yeah."

________________________

"Wait, don't touch that!"

I looked up from my spot in the cafe just in time to spy a baby girl with dark hair, toddling around. Her mother, who looked like the exact replica of the child, swooped her up into her arms.

A man who stood behind her, chuckled.

My eyes widened at the color of his hair, which was on the border of salmon pink and dark pink.

"What are you doing?" The man laughed at the small child, as he touched her nose, playfully. The young woman shook her head at the man who appeared to be her husband.

'Well. I'll be damned.' I thought to myself, as I watched them sit down at a table. 'Isn't that (Y/N) and Natsu Dragneel from Fairy Tail?'

My question was answered, when a boy- no older than around ten, appeared behind them. "Mom, Dad...you're embarrassing me..." His soft mutter was loud enough for me and his parents to hear.

A jolt of electricity ran through me as my eyes fell upon the young boy. Without a doubt, I was sure that this was the Dragneel child. I've read about him- yes, I believe that was it!