Ignis

R e c a p

With a new burst of energy and determination- Natsu, Lucy, and (Y/N) head off to save the world. But as they are heading towards Rin, (Y/N) suddenly recovers her memory. 

She remembers what must be done- a sacrifice. 

___

Natsu's eyes flickered back and forth. As he stared at you, he whimpered, "what?"

"It's fine, really. I had this planned ever since we had Rin, and-" You knew you, yourself, were simply just starting to talk quickly, making excuses. However-

"How in any way is this fine?" Natsu asked, his voice dangerously low. "Forget it, I'll sacrifice myself."

"That's not possible," you forced a smile. "That's not your fate."

"(Y/N), I love you and all, but-"

Simply giving him a smile, you said, "I love you too."

Besides you, Lucy couldn't help but make a cough escape her throat. She helped herself up. "The sooner we finish, the faster I can get away from you love birds."

___

As you and Natsu fell behind, he spoke up. "I don't want it like that."

You continued walking, the true words that you wanted to say were stuck in your throat.

"I don't want you to disappear." He stared up ahead. "I'll be selfish and say it now. I want you to always be by my side."

At his sweet words, tears welled up in your eyes, before you blinked them away. "...yeah." Your voice was quiet.

"Why can't it be someone else? Your mother...Lucy, someone-"

"They have to be willing."

Lucy turned around, swiftly. "She's right. I might have had a change of heart, but I'm not going to sacrifice myself for her." Her bold expression said it all. "We're here," she added.

"I guess we'll talk about this later, then." You spoke as your hand ignited, illuminating the air around it.

"What are you doing here?" Alice appeared from inside the fog, with an excited expression.

The shadows were cast across her face, highlighting her sharp cheekbones and lighting up her eyes.

You shuddered. "Hey- old hag. We're taking Rin back."

"We? Ah, you must mean your silly band." She sneered.

If there was anything you truly were afraid of, it would be your mother. Most of the frightening memories that you had of her would be enough to scar even the bravest people.

"You don't even know how." Your mother grinned, "what's up with this strange rebellion?"

"Memories. Restored." You smiled at her, tapping the side of your head. "Game over," Lucy spoke up.

"Oh?" Her eyebrow raised. "Actually- the game is only beginning. Starting with you, Lucy Heartfilia- I could've given you what you wanted most in the world."

Lucy stared straight at the woman. "I don't like how you offered it to me."

"But it would be so much easier, wouldn't it?"