My Thoughts- Unfortunate

A few hours later, you felt like absolute shit. But Crab Man didn't seem to give a single crap. Levy and Erza were nowhere to be found, which was unhelpful.

Lucy stared up at the sky, and cracked a small smile. "Cancer. You did a good job- time's up for (Y/N)."

Your hands tightened into fists. "Oh, no. If you think you've just simply stolen Rin away-"

She tilted her head, and raised an eyebrow. Cancer had disappeared, when she finally began to speak. "But...(Y/N)." Lucy innocently looked at you. "Rin is already gone."

Erza, Levy, and all thoughts disappeared from your mind as you stared at the blonde without a single word.

•••

Out a breath, you were only a few more seconds away from your home. After leaving Lucy on the field, you had ran away- completely leaving behind the disappeared Erza and Levy.

Finally arriving home, you raced up the familiar, old, and creaky stairs- darted down the long hallway- and skidded to a stop in-front of the apartment door.

Jamming the key in, you slammed open the door- not caring if you had disrupted the neighbors. "Rin?! Natsu! Lucas?" Only after shouting, had you realized how shaky and weak your voice sounded.

The apartment was completely clean- it was as if nothing had been touched.

'Dammit.'

You rushed to the bedroom, but only to find a grotesque scene before you. The bedroom was horribly untidy- and in the middle of that mess, Natsu lay on the bed, his breathing tattered, and blood seeping onto the once-white covers.

"...ng. (Y/N)?"

Instantly, something inside of you broke. Never before, had Natsu's voice been this low- this small- this weak. "Natsu." You clasped his hand, gently.

"I'm fine," he coughed, "it's not me you need to worry about." His lovely eyes stared up at you. "Lucas is with Happy and Plume. Rin should be with your mother."

"Is it deep?" You asked, ignoring him. He puffed up his chest with pride, but not before grimacing. "T-this is nothing. You should've seen my old scars."

"Not sure I want to." You wrinkled your nose. "Take care of yourself, alright?" Giving him a kiss on the forehead, you were about to leave, when you heard him mutter, "(Y/N), you're amazing."

"I love you too!" You called, as you left.

But as you left, your knees shook and your hands quivered. With a determined gaze, you were prepared to head home- once again.

However, once upon hopping on board an open carriage, you demanded, "go as fast as you can- I'll pay triple."

His once bored-looking expression turned into one of sheer surprise. Without wasting a second, he commanded the horses to move- and they did, with tremendous speed.

You stared out of the carriage, watching the scenery and startled townspeople pass by. "Uh- miss? With all due respect, where are you in a hurry off to?" He yelled back, so his voice could be heard.

"You know that large manor really close to here?"

"Which one? The old one that's been here for a long time?"

"Yup."

He swerved a turn- almost missing a tree- and gave you a thumbs-up. "Don't worry, miss. Leave it up to me! I'll get'cha wherever you need to go!"

"Thank you," you answered, gratefully, hoping he would be able to hear. But as silence settled, panic began to flood back to you, again.

Things you should've never thought about- as it brought great pain to your chest. "Oh, Rin." You murmured, your eyes misty, as you looked out.

Accidentally locking eyes for a second with a small child, you could hear him gasp even as you sped away. "Mama- two different color eyes!" Then, came the loud bawling.

You were thankful that the horses were running so fast. Clapping a hand over your blue eye, you peered ahead at the carriage driver.

"Oh, that?" He yelled back, seeing what you had done. "My daughter has that- harmless and useless heterochromia iridum. It's that one thing where you have two different eye colors, right?"

"Um...yes." You wrapped your arms around yourself. "Yes."

"So why are you getting shy about it now?"

"I-It's just that some people are scared, and-"

"Speak up, I can't hear you!" He laughed, wholeheartedly. "Why are you shy about it? Isn't it something to be proud of?"

"People are scared," you called to him. "Why the heck should I be proud-" The carriage rolled to a stop, leaving you quiet.

"We're here." He smiled at you, kindly. "This is cheesy, but you really shouldn't ever be afraid- because you're different."

"...haa." You jumped out, and threw a pouch at him, the gold jingling. Before you left, you gave him a small salute. "Thank you."

He drove away, after giving you a large smile. "Thank you," he said. "Don't forget about what I said!" The man called, before he drove away.

You watched him leave with a small smile. "You really have no idea how different I am, though." Turning, the manor loomed just up ahead.

The sound of flames flickering filled the silent air, as you watched a figure near you. "(Y/N)-sama." It was a young maid. She smiled, and bowed. "We have been expecting you."

"Have you now? Terribly sorry I'm late." Your voice was horribly low, but the servant just continued smiling. "We're happy to have you. Please follow me."

Then, she led you inside the large estate. "She's waiting for you in here," the young servant bowed and opened the door for you.

Without even giving her another look, you entered, hesitantly. In front of you, Alice and Lucy sat in chairs by the window.

"Oh. She's here," spoke Lucy.

"I win. I told you," your mother said, as she gazed at you. "Hello, (Y/N). What are you here for?"

"Shut the hell up. Where's Rin, dammit!?"

"I win," commented Lucy. "Rin?" Alice smiled, "why, she'll be here soon!" On cue, the door opened. "Rin! How nice of you to join us, darling. Your mother is here to visit." Alice smiled coldly.

But the person who stood in the doorway was not Rin. The figure wore dainty black shoes with ruffles, matching high-knee socks, dress, and gloves.

Her pink hair spilled down her back, and she lifted a gloved hand to move a few strands of hair out of her face. Dark red-brown eyes peeked out from her hair, glittering in amusement.

But lastly-

A dark katana was by her side.

___End of Chapter___

218K Reads| 14.8 Votes| 22K Comments

Thank you for reading! I haven't updated in a long time- due to stomach flu, and I'm sorry! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and will continue waiting for the next one <3

Q for Alice: Why do you hate me so? Why must you work with the cruelest woman I've ever had the displeasure of meeting (besides yourself)? Why...mommy?

Alice's eyebrow raised. "This is a waste of time," she sighed- pressing her fingers against her forehead. "I don't have time for your games, (Y/N)." She sneered. "Lucy is nothing compared to me. Don't compare me to the likes of her."

[Author's Note: and that's all she would answer //cries]

Q for Natsu: If you could be any animal (other than a dragon :3) what animal would you be?

Natsu tilted his head, thinking about it seriously. "Any other animal...?" A large grin erupted on his face as he came up with his answer.

"A giant...fire breathing lizard!"