Rin- And Rin

I met this puppy. AND OMG HES SO CUTE. A mix- I have no idea what the breeds are. If anyone has a clue...can you put a comment, please?

"My wife...or my child?"

Natsu stumbled back. "What do you mean?! You're a doctor, aren't you!"

The man looked at him gravely. "But there are things that even I...can't accomplish."

"Na...tsu..." Happy softly said, looking at him companion with great worry.

Plume hopped to the ground. "There's two things- what you want...and what (Y/N) wants. Isn't that right?"

She peeked at his face.

Natsu drove a hand through his hair. "I know, I know..." He muttered.

"But this time- I need to choose what I want." He met her eyes.

Plume smiled. "I would choose that, too." She hopped back to where Happy was standing, and sat down.

"Save the mother...save my wife."

___

Natsu gazed down at her with immense worry. After sitting outside for what seemed like eternity...

He was finally allowed to go in and see his daughter...and (Y/N).

"She's...so...tiny." Natsu managed, looking down at the tiny bundle that was squealing in his arms.

The nurse grinned. "And she'll grow up right before your eyes."

She took a look in (Y/N)'s direction. "She should be up soon," she said.

Natsu cuddled the little girl in his arms. Soon, the door opened again- and in flew Happy and Plume.

"So...her name?" The woman asked, holding a clipboard against her chest.

"...Rin Dragneel."

The nurse quickly jotted down the name.

Natsu's head jolted up when he heard the familiar voice.

After carefully readjusting the child in his arms, he slowly made his way past the curtain.

As he pulled it open, (Y/N) smiled up at him- the sunlight was cast across her face.

"Natsu." She said, weakly. "What happened?" She suddenly seemed a lot more awake.

"Where's the child?"

Natsu looked down in his arms.

"...the other child."

Blinking in surprise, Natsu cast his eyes in the opposite direction.

"Natsu...?"

"I'm sorry." He said, softly. "He asked me which one I would save."

"You picked me...oh." (Y/N) said, with sudden realization. "Oh, no."

Natsu lifted his eyes.

(Y/N) was gripping the sheets tightly in her balled fists. "I...w-but. The child." She paled.

___

You could feel yourself tense up immediately after you had heard the news.

'A child that was never born. A faulty...?'

You stared up at Natsu who was looking at you with an unwavering gaze.

"I'm not sorry," he said.

You waited for him to continue.

"Because...what's life without you?" He asked, bitterly.

"Your life isn't Fairy Tail?" You softly asked.