Him- Sick

Oh my gosh who knew puppies were so hard to take care of...

When you woke up, you felt very, very confused. You had no dreams with Rila. In short, you had no dreams at all. 

And that felt very foreign. 

'Maybe...maybe she just went on vacation. Or something.' 

Convincing yourself with those words, you got out of the warm bed. Natsu was already gone- and you could make out strange noises in the kitchen. 

"Natsu?" You murmured, sleepily. 

You opened one eye, and found him near the tables. In his hand- was a pan. His other hand supplied the fire. 

"Natsu!" You suddenly felt very awake. You covered your mouth in shock. "What are you doing, this is why we have stoves!" You glanced at the stoves. 

He winked. "(Y/N)! Good morning. Sit down, sit down!" 

Your fingers massaged your forehead. "I think I will sit down." You meekly looked at him, before pulling out a chair. 

"I swear, if you burn anything-" 

"Shhh, what! I'm very careful around these babies." He struggled to kiss his hands. "Oh, okay." You leaned away from the raging fire he held in his hand. 

"Is Lucas better?" 

Natsu opened his mouth. And shut it again. A look between sadness and fear crossed his face. "No, what is it?" You hurried out of your chair- almost knocking it to the floor. 

You pushed open his door. 

Thankfully, there. Lucas lay on his bed, sleeping. It was when you took a closer look that you realized his eyebrows were drawn together- a painful look on his face. 

His breathing was ragged, and sweat beaded on his face. "Lucas." Your hand cupped cheeks. His skin was burning warm against your fingers. 

Almost immediately, you drew your hand back. Glancing at the towel on his forehead, you checked it. The damp towel still contained it's coldness. 

Yet, it didn't seem to be helping Lucas. 

"(Y/N)." 

You didn't turn around. Your hand wiggled itself into Lucas's tight grasp. "(Y/N)," Natsu insisted. Turning around, you watched him come closer- Rin in his arms. 

"Natsu..." Your eyes shut tightly, you bit the bottom of your lip. "He's going to be okay, right?" You had tears in your eyes as you asked him. 

Natsu put on a brave face. "Of course," he pulled you into his arms. Rin bubbled, worriedly when she saw your tears. 

She waved her arms, her tiny little hands touching your face gently. 

You threw your arms over Natsu's neck, embracing his warm body. Rin guzzled, confused as she watched the exchange. 

"It's fine," Natsu murmured in your ear as he kissed your lips. "He's going to be fine. Really." He insisted. 

You forced a tight smile on your face. "I just don't get it. Should I get Wendy?" Natsu shook his head. "This isn't something she can help with." 

His hand clasped yours. "Come on...you gotta eat." 

You looked up at him with a scared expression. "This world is so cruel," you breathed. "What?" He asked.

"Nothing." You shook your head, and squeezed his hand. "So you made breakfast, huh?" He turned around and gave you the perfect smile. 

"Actually I was cooking food for Yuki."