Time Together

You and Natsu rushed to the scene, with Plume and Happy frantically flying above. 'All I wanted was a wedding...'

You looked on with despair. Chaos seemed to have erupted at Fairy Tail. Liz spotted you, her pirate hat still perched onto her head. 'Nova.' She mouthed, before returning her attention to her attacker.

Everyone was fighting, defending, and attacking. The two guilds clashed together.

Your heart beat loudly in your chest. "It's Nova." You said to Natsu. His eyes widened, and he nodded. "I'll defend. Just get Lucas!"

You gave him a small nod. "Happy! Plume! Where is Lucas?"

The two Exceeds approached you. "There!" They pointed above the hill, where a man stood, surveying the chaotic scene.

Tucked between his arms, was small Lucas. Asleep or unconscious. You ran towards the hill. "Let him go." You said, approaching him.

The man turned around, and smirked. "(Y/N)."

Your eyes widened. It was that foreigner waiter. The one from the cafe. "You...who are you?"

He smiled- a mysteriously sad one as he looked at you. "I'm Akira's acquaintance. His friend and his guild's new master."

You stood on edge, unsure of what to say. "Let him go." You gestured towards Lucas.

"I didn't need him anyways. You are my goal." He said, setting Lucas down. The moment he did, Plume and Happy swooped in and carried him back.

You gingerly touched your child's face. "Is he sleeping?" You ask the man. He nodded. "Sleeping powder."

You sigh, and motion for Happy and Plume to bring him home.

"It's not very polite to interrupt my wedding day." You said, sharply. "What's your name?"

"My deepest apologies." The man smirked, and gracefully and mockingly bowed. "My name is not important- but you can call me Shigure."

You took a step back as he approached you. "What do you want from me?" You ask hesitantly.

Shigure raised his eyes. His sparkling blue eyes captivated you. 'Stop it, (Y/N)! You're married!' You scolded yourself.

"I want your death." He said softly. You almost didn't hear him. "M-my death?" You ask, an eyebrow raised.

"You killed my guild master- my friend." He said, with a gleaming cold look in his eyes. A smirk appeared on his lips. "And for that I must kill-"

Liz's voice rang out. "Actually, I was the one who killed him." She appeared next to you, in her hand- a silver rapier.

She tipped her hat. "Good evening to you, Mr. Shigure." She smirked, her silver hair was in a messy side braid that spilling down her shoulder. Sebastian perched on her arm.

Her pale eyes shone as she looked at him. "Lizabeth..." The man looked at her with a gentle look in his eyes.

'Wait.'

You remembered one day when Liz visited you- she told you about her old sweetheart back in Nova. She never revealed his name- but by her descriptions, it shook you how much he looked like Shigure.

"Liz...is that your..." You spoke softly and slowly near her ear. She didn't turn around to look at you. "Yes." She spoke, pointing her rapier at him. "This is him."

'Her senior love.'

Shigure didn't move. He drew out his own rapier, and crossed Lizabeth's. "Move out the way."

Liz didn't budge.

You stepped out from behind her. You felt her stir. "What are you doing?" She asked you with calmness.

"You..." You studied her. "You don't want to kill him."

"Liz." Shigure spoke up again. "Move."

Lizabeth didn't move. She raised her head boldly, and stared straight at Shigure. "I killed Akira. (Y/N) partook nothing."

A look flashed across his face- but then it was gone. He recomposed himself. "You're lying." He simply muttered.

He charged at you, his rapier flashing in the moonlight. He stabbed at you, but Liz thrust her own rapier- crossing his and defending you.

The tension was high as Shigure asked, "why are you defending her?"

Liz looked at him with a pained look. "She saved me from Akira when no else did. She was the light in my darkness."

Shigure scoffed. "Akira accepted you. I accepted you."

Sebastian shifted uneasily on Liz's shoulder. Lizabeth looked longingly into the dark night sky. Then, with a quick move, she struck Shigure across the cheek.

A bright red mark from her rapier was contrasting against Shigure's light skin. Blood began to seep out from his wound.

You felt an arm tug you back.

You almost fell from the hill, but you regained balance, and turned around. There, stood Natsu.

"Move." You heard Shigure say. "I need to kill her."

"Nyet." Liz responded, before you heard clashes of weapon against weapon. You turned back to Natsu. "I need to help her..." You croaked. He shook his head. "You can't do anything now." He nodded towards the chaotic field.

Your eyes widened as you finally looked at the mess that had been going on while you were hypnotized by Liz and Shigure's little exchange.

Fairy Tail members lay on the ground from small casualties. The Nova members seemed to have disappeared. Fairy Tail had won. 'Then why doesn't it feel like a victory?'

You rushed with Wendy to help the others in pain. Time seemed to pass by quickly as you, Wendy, and Natsu rushed around, healing everyone.

Then- you heard a scream from the hill. Your eyes widened. "Go, (Y/N)-san! We've got it covered!" Wendy urged.

You ran to the hill, looking around desperately for your friend. There...

You found her standing above a body. Shigure. Her rapier was stuck from his body. But Shigure was still weakly alive.

"I'm sorry..." You heard Liz say as you neared her. She knelt by Shigure. "I'm really sorry." You watched her kiss the top of his head, then she kissed his lips.

You watched with horror as Shigure weakly lifted his rapier, and stabbed Liz. "Lizabeth!" You cried, watching her figure topple and fall next to Shigure. You ran over, and found yourself looking down at her.

"I wanted this." She said, coughing. Shigure was still barely alive. "Just wait!" You said, "you can't die!"

You were about to leave and get Wendy when Liz stopped you. "It's okay." She softly said. "I'm fine with this. Even it's been a short time, thanks for being part of my journey."

Your eyes welled up with tears. Then...

Drip

One fell on Liz's cheek. She had Shigure's hand in hers. "I don't mind this at all. I got to see you get married, I got to spend time with you..."

You grabbed her free hand.

"But now..." Liz looked at Shigure with happiness. "Can you leave us alone? I need to talk to him." She looked up at you. "This is the last time I will be talking to you." She coarsely said. "It's been fun."

'It's been...fun.'