Zoos and Peacocks

"Guess what?!"

You almost jumped a few feet in the air. It was early in the morning, and you had finished feeding Yuki and Rin.

Now, they were both playing "chase-the-tail" on the ground.

A classic.

"Natsu?" You stared. "I-it's so early. You're never up this early!"

"Yeah, well I decided to be a good daddy." He proudly declared, before walking to Lucas's room.

You watched with an amused face. Minutes later, a sleepy Lucas emerged, in his clothes.

He rubbed his eyes. "Mama...it's Saturday..."

You pointed at Natsu. "Tell him that."

"I did...he said I needed to get up," Lucas yawned.

"We," Natsu smiled, "are going to the zoo!"

You grinned. "Hey...good idea."

He puffed up his chest, proudly. "I know."

"Mama..." Lucas tugged on your shirt. "We're going to the zoo?"

"Do you wanna go see the zoo?" You grinned.

He thought about it for a bit.

"Will there be strippers?"

You drew in a sharp breath. "I thought I told you not to say that word," you scolded him, but not before cracking a smile.

Natsu patted your head, his hand touching your dark locks. "I'll change Rin. Okay?"

You looked at him, surprised. "I-okay. Go ahead."

Lucas snuggled up to you on the kitchen chair. "Food, please."

You laughed. "You know I can't cook."

"Where's...Auntie?"

"Plume?"

"Yeah..." He sulked, looking hungry. "She's out- honestly, I have no idea where Happy and Plume are these days." You said the last part under your breath.

"I'll try...and make you something, okay?" You rose from your seat, smoothing down your cream shirt.

"Okay!" He beamed up at you, and flashed his pearly whites.

You hesitantly shuffled towards the refrigerator, and brought out eggs.

Carefully, after pouring a bit of oil onto the pan, you cracked the eggs, perfectly, and turned on the heat.

After a few minutes of flipping and letting them sit, you scooped them out and onto the plate.

Turning off the fire, you had a happy aura surrounding you as you looked down at the three eggs, perfectly cooked.

A few burnt edges here and there...but it was your first time not completely burning it up.

"Here you go!" You proudly put the plate on the table.

You were watching Lucas happily eat his egg, when Natsu yelped.

"(Y/N), help!"

Curiously, you got up from your seat and headed towards your room. "Natsu?" You questioned, looking at his back.

"I can't get these socks-"

"She doesn't need to wear socks, Natsu." You amusedly said.

He turned his head. "I don't want her to get sunburnt..."