Nightmare in My Dreams

Len is apparently Lucas now lol

•Back At Fairy Tail•

"I didn't know you were the suicide type."

You glare at Gray, sniffing in disdain. "I told you. There was a girl, and she needed her doll!"

"And you're just that stupid to actually dive into the river and look for it?! Are you trying to kill yourself?"

"Uh. No." You raise your eyebrow at his 'you're so stupid' comment.

You were going to meet Natsu's eyes, and smile, but you suddenly remembered you were supposed to be mad at him.

When Lucy appeared at Fairy Tail, you sent her a death glare. Unfortunately, she didn't seem to notice. Instead, she hopped over to Natsu.

"So...are we still going to...?" She whispered, loud enough for you to hear. Your heart hurt with jealousy as Natsu nodded.

You shake your head, confused. 'What's going on?'

Juvia, who was standing nearby eyed you curiously, her blue waves falling down her shoulder as she tilted her head at you.

"(Y/N). (Y/N)?" Gray's voice snaps you back into reality as you stare into his concerned eyes. "Don't mind them." He roughly says, tilting his head towards Lucy and Natsu.

"Wait, I thought you and Lucy were...?"

"Whaaaaat." Scarily, Juvia appears next to you, her hands twitching in the air like a dead animal. "Um, Juvia..?" You touched her shoulder, trying to return her to the normal Juvia.

She turned to you, her eyes had diamonds in them and she wore a scary grin.

"Ignore her." At this, Juvia suddenly looked deflated, and went to sulk in the corner. Gray sighed, "and no, we're just close friends."

You look at Gray, closely. His dark hair was spiked up. You always wondered how his hair defied gravity like that. His soft eyes darted around the room, looking at so many random things. His lips were curled into a smirk, and his shirt was somehow always off.

Yes, Gray Fullbuster somehow became your ally in all of the madness. Your best friend. You'd love to call him that, but you didn't know if he considered you a 'best' friend.

You didn't realize you had unconsciously sighed. "Meanwhile I'm drowning in my own love life...how's yours?" You turn to Gray, catching his attention.

Under his eye forms depression lines. "Um, what?"

You face-palm, exasperated at the ice mage. No matter how hot he was, it was absolute he needed a love life!

"So you know about Juvia's obsess- I mean, love for you. Why don't you choose to face it?"

Gray sighed, his eyes going back to wandering around the room. "Erza asked me the same thing. She asked. She didn't poke around, or force me to answer Juvia."

You raised your eyebrow at this, and asked Mira for a cup of hot chocolate, which she happily obliged to.

"You didn't answer my question."

"That's because I thought you would drop it when I hinted that Erza didn't make me give her an answer."

"I'm not Erza, excuse me!" You protest, done with beating around the bush for nothing. If Gray wasn't going to give an answer, Juvia would just keep following him. Maybe forever.

Mira handed you a cup of steaming hot chocolate, her eyes traveling to Gray, and she looked back at you with an encouraging smile.

"Sorry to interrupt, but (Y/N), it's not kind to demand and force a friend to answer you." Her eyes twinkled as she gave you this advice, giving her an amused look.