Natsu's Forgotten Presents

[April 20, 2015] 14.3 k Reads - 850+ Votes. (Marking my progress)
___

"Yes, I promise to call more often." You laugh, holding the phone up to your ear. "Yes...Lizabeth, can I go now?"

You hear an exaggerated sigh. "Talk to you soon!"

You nod, forgetting she couldn't see you. "I-I mean, yeah!" And you set the phone down, your back still aching a bit, despite the fact Wendy had helped immensely.

"Natsu, kiddo?"

Natsu appeared around the bend, frowning at you. "Hey, I'm two years older than you."

He suddenly scoops you up into his arms. "Y'know...the Exceeds and Lucas are out..." He starts walking into the bedroom.

"Ooh, are we going to play a board game, Mr. Dragneel?"

___

"No." You stubbornly refuse, as Natsu gives you the puppy eyes. "Natsu, we can't just get a dog because you think it's cute.."

"But (Y/N)! It's looking at me funny!"

You stifle a laugh. "And what do you mean - it's looking at you funny?"

You and Natsu had decided to stroll around town, after..um, 'hanging out' with each other for a bit.

It was good exercise for your aching body. The wound had closed now.

'Dammit, Wendy, you're amazing.'

He pointed at the small brown puppy furiously. "Look at him!! He clearly wants me."

You notice the nearby shoppers were beginning to give Natsu strange looks. You could practically see your own soul flying out of your mouth.

"Oi." You hiss, bending down to whisper. "The shoppers are staring."

He straightened up, and looked at you with a confused look. "But that's because someone as pretty as you is here."

You turn all different shades of red, and straighten up, covering your cheeks with your palms.

"Sheesh. Women." Natsu muttered. "Don't understand 'em."

You ignored his last comment, and ran towards a small red shoppe, where you recognized the figures sitting by the window.

"You guys.." You said, breathlessly after running all the way over. "Wait. I thought you were taking Lucas out to the park." Natsu said, suddenly appearing from behind.

"Gah! Don't do that!" You swat his arm, and immediately shutting up when earning the smiles from the waiters and maids.

Happy, Plume, and Lucas beamed up at you, as they enjoyed their sundaes. "Welcome to the cafe!"

Your fingers fumble with your plaited hair that hung down on one side, after you took a seat at the table with Natsu.

"You knew we were going to be here?" You ask the Exceeds, while Natsu plays with Lucas.

"More or less." Plume shrugged, a hint of blush on her cheeks. "Aye! We kinda stalked you." Happy added, with no hesitation.

"Happy!" Plume scolded.

"It's not nice to stalk people." You chide, "I really hope you don't do this all the time."

Happy was about to speak up, but Plume slapped her paw over his mouth, shutting him up.

"Lucas, are you feeling okay? Not too much exercise, right?" You worriedly feel his forehead. 'Oh, it's cool.'

"Lucas feels okay, mommy!" Lucas beams up at you with a cute smile. "He talks in third-person a lot.." Natsu mumbles into your ear.