50

We walked the five minute walk before the house came into our view. "I saw we check around the place and then go in." Cay said and we all agreed. We split off and went all around the house and met in the back.

"Nothing seems to be wrong out here." Tom cleared. Once everyone nodded in agreement, we silently made our way to the front of the house.

"Wait-" Caleb stopped us. "Is it even safe to go inside when we don't even know one, what we're looking for, and two, what could be inside? For all we know, there could be a crazy person who will either try to kill or kidnap us. Or the house could be rotting on the inside and it could collapse." He stressed.

"Caleb, my friend, you worry too much. I mean, have you seen what this house has been through? And it's still in perfect shape." Gus added. "No, I have not seen what the house has been through. I've heard of the things, but haven't seen anything."

Tom and I couldn't help the laughter that spilled out of our mouths as Gus glares at Caleb. "Well then, Mr. Smartypants, since you're just sooooo smart, list the 100 digits of pie right here, right now." Gus said sassily, placing his hands on his lips as he stared Caleb down with his eyebrows raised.

"Even if I did, you wouldn't know if I was correct or not because you only know the first three." Caleb fired. Tom and I 'ooo'ed as Gus gasped dramatically.

"That's not very nice Caleb." Gus tried to fire back, but Caleb shot something worse at him. "I guess you've rubbed off on me, Gustus." Tom and I broke into laughter and shock at Caleb's words.

Gus stomped his foot while huffing out a breath, just like an angry toddler would. "Whatever. Since you guys wanna be meanies, I guess I'll just go inside the big scary house by myself." He huffed out another breath before turning and walking to the door.

It didn't take long before we all laughed and caught up with Gus we walked inside and our laughter died down as we became slightly more serious. We all decided to split up, Cay and I going to one side of the house to search as Gus and Tom searched the other side.

We quickly went through each room, making sure nothing was damaged or stolen, and from what we could tell, nothing on our side was. We started to make our way back to the main room where we decided to meet up, when I felt Cay tap my shoulder very delicately.

I turned around but he wasn't there, instead, he was next to me. "What's up?" He asked since me turning was unexpected. "Did you tap on my shoulder?" I asked as I turned to him. He went to go shake his head but mine turned in the direction of a voice.

There stood quite a few spirits. Most I recognized to be the Robinson's, their daughter, and Elena's sister, who I spoke to last time. "You need to go. Now. There's danger. We tried to warn you not to come here. But you got the wrong message. Please Miss. Stuart- Mrs. Brock. Leave. You and your friends. You're in danger." And just like that, they were gone and I stood there in shock.

That shock quickly went away as I felt Caleb shaking me. I turned to him to see his face full of concern and confusion. "Scar, what's going on? Are you okay?" He asked, looking deep into my eyes, trying to find out what was happening.

"I- there were some spirits. They said we need to leave. Now. We're in danger." I said and Caleb's eyes widened a bit before he nodded. "Gus! Tom! Get in here now!" I turned as I heard their fast footsteps making their way.

"What's going on?!" They both asked, slightly frightened. "We need to leave, Scar said some spirits are telling her we're in danger." He explained quickly as both boys eyes widened. They nodded and we started to leave.

Gus was out first, seeing as though he was the closest, then Tom, and I pushed Caleb to quickly get him out before he could protest and make me go first.

But before I could even get my foot out the door, it was slammed shut and hands wrapped around my mouth and throat as tears came to my eyes at the realization of what was going on.

"Not so fast, Scarlet. I think it's time you wake up" The man holding me said as the other one held the door closed tightly so the others couldn't get in.

Then everything went black.