12 (Colby's POV)

*I'm sorry in advance. Eh, no I'm not lol*

I was sitting in the living room with Kat and Sam after just putting Aurora down for a nap, waiting for Scarlet to get home with Gus and Caleb.

They've been on vacation for a week and I miss her like crazy. "Ugh they should be home by now." I said and scrubbed my face with my hands. "Relax dude, they're probably stuck in traffic." Sam said and patted my back.

"I know but I miss her like crazy." I said and sighed, letting my head fall back. Kat patted my knee for reassurance as I closed my eyes and tried to be as patient as I could be. It felt like forever before I heard my phone ringing from my pocket.

I quickly sat up and fumbled to grab my phone. I scrunched my eyebrows once I noticed that Caleb was calling me. I shrugged and answered, bringing my phone to my ear.

I heard sobbing coming from the other side, making my heart drop. "Colby-" Caleb sobbed out. "Caleb? What's wrong? Is everything okay?" I asked as Sam and Kat looked at me cautiously.

"No." He whispered and started sobbing again. "What's wrong? You're scaring me." I said and heard him sniffle. "Its G-Gus and Scar-" he said making my heart drop. "What do you mean Gus and Scar?! What happened?!" I asked.

"Car crash." He whispered. "Oh my god-" I whispered and brought my hand up to my mouth shakily. "What happened to them? Are they gonna make it?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know." He said and started crying. "A-are you okay?" I asked with a thick voice. "I have a concussion but they have it bad. Scarlet has it the worst but they won't tell me about Gus yet." He said and sniffed. "You shouldn't be on the phone with a concussion, Sam, Kat and I are on our way." I said and stood up with them before grabbing my keys.

"Okay." He whispered and then hung up. "I'm calling Tom, he'd want to know what's happening. And I'll ask him to watch Aurora." Kat said. I nodded and closed my eyes against the tears.

"They're gonna be okay man." He said as I held back a sob.

Tom eventually got there and gave us hugs before we rushed out and to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital, we rushed to the front desk. "Scarlet, Gus, and Caleb Stuart please." I pleaded. "Scarlet and Gustus are in  surgery but you can go see Caleb as long as you follow the precautions." The lady said as I shook my head. "It's Gus, his name is Gus, not Gustus." I said and she nodded.

"We will follow them but please make sure to update us on Scarlet and Gus, update all of us." Sam said and the lady shook her head. "Only family can know." She said. "We are their family." I said. She sighed and then nodded. "Fine, I'll let all of you know but no one will know about this or I'll lose my job." She said quietly, making me nod.

"If you can, please be as quiet as you can in Caleb's room and try to calm him down. He's hysterical and it's not good for his concussion." She said and we nodded and then she led us to his room.

When we got to the door, I hesitantly opened it. Caleb was crying into his hands as he sat up in the bed. "Cay..." Kat said softly. He looked up and I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him, letting my own tears fall.

"They w-won't tell me anything!" He sobbed into my shoulder. "We fixed that." I whispered. "I can't do this Colby, I can't." Caleb sobbed. I pulled away and looked him dead in the eyes as I held his shoulders.

"You have to calm down. This isn't good for your concussion. I know you're worried, I am too. But they're strong. They'll be okay." I said, trying to convince both Caleb and myself.

He nodded and took a deep, shaky breath and leaned his head back into his pillow. "I hope you're right." He whispered.

The doctor came in and checked Caleb's vitals and told us that Scar and Gus were still in surgery. Gus has a good chance of living and making a good recovery with about 30 more minutes in surgery, meanwhile Scarlet has a 50% chance of living and has a few more hours.

I was genuinely so worried.