32 (Gus's POV)

We made our way over to one of the picnic tables they had and started getting everything set up. Once everything was set up, they started the camera and gave some background information as Scar, Caleb and I stood off to the side.

"Hey," I said quietly after a few seconds. Scar and Cay looked at me and I sighed. "Are you gonna be okay?" I asked Scar and she shrugged. "There's little to no chance he'll be here. We're just gonna investigate really quickly and then we will leave and we will never come back. Do... do you guys think he'll be here?" She asked and bit her sleeve.

"No best, it's been two years. I highly doubt he's here." Caleb said softly and put his hand on her shoulder as he smiled sympathetically at her. She nodded and looked down.

I felt so bad for her because I knew she was struggling but I know she doesn't want to bail on Sam and Colby. But she also doesn't want them to be alone and to be put in possible danger.

A few minutes later, the boys gave us the ok to go back over so we could get started.

We ended up using the rempod first but the only things it responded to were, "are you here?" and "do you want us to try something else?" so, we decided to do the Estes method. "Do you want to put the headphones on, Scar?" Colby asked. "Sure." She said and smiled softly. Sam handed her the stuff and she quickly put the blindfold and headphones on and then took a deep breath.

"Alright, let's start." Sam said. "Is there anything here with us?" He asked. "Yes." Scarlet said almost instantly. We all quickly looked at each other and then looked back. "Did you die here?" Colby asked. "Damn brother, starting with the deep shit, ok." I said and we laughed. "Yes," Scarlet said, making us all go quiet. "Fell off... cliff." She said. "Not safe." She then said.

"You don't have to worry, we are going to be super safe and we won't go near the cliff." Sam said but Caleb and I looked at each other.

"Not that." Scarlet said. "Here." She said. "Who's here?" I asked. "You know." She said, making me suck in a breath. "We don't know, can you tell us who?" Colby asked. "Ask your friends." Scarlet said. I looked at Caleb with wide eyes.

"I think we're being messed with. There's no way he's actually here." Cay whispered to me. "You're wrong." Scar said right after Caleb said that. "Oh my g-" I was cut off by Scarlet speaking again.

"Run. Here. Go. Now!" Scarlet exclaimed and shifted uncomfortably. "Pop-Pop, are you here with us? Can you confirm he's here?" Caleb asked. "Dude-" I started but was cut off by Scarlet. "It's true." She said and I stood up in shock. "No freaking way!" I exclaimed. "I can't protect you. Go. Now." Scarlet said and shifted again.

"Pop-Pop if it's really you, tell us who is here." I said with wide eyes. My heart was pumping a million miles an hour as I waited for her response.

If Pop-Pop confirms it, then I don't know what I'd do. Although, Sam and Colby said that whatever was here, was some shadowman type shit so who knows, it could be messing with us and making us scared.

Because if Pop-Pop was here and he genuinely thought he was here, he'd show himself to me and yell at me to tell them to pack up our shit and leave.

But yet again, our connection could have somehow gotten lost or something because I hadn't seen him in a while. But yet again, Scarlet told us he was resting and trying to regain strength, so maybe that's why; maybe he doesn't have the strength.

But yet again, why wouldn't he have warned her to not go here or to not go on the trip in general. He has a weird way of like... predicting big events, mainly scary ones, so why wouldn't he tell us about this one?

This was like the asylum situation on steroids so again, why?

I had no time to figure that out before Scarlet was opening her mouth to talk.

"Waterfall guy"