14 (Caleb's POV)

The truck came at us, making us all scream. When it hit us, I hit my head on the window but kind of caught myself in a way, so it wasn't as hard as it would've been if I hadn't caught it.

We spun until we hit the guard rail. When we stopped spinning, I sat there for a second, trying to process what was happening. I couldn't process it for long before I realized Scarlet and Gus weren't say or doing anything. They weren't even moving.

My eyes went wide as I quickly undid my seat belt and moved myself to the middle and leaned forward. They were both unconscious but Scarlet had something metal in her stomach, and glass was all over the both of them. They were both bleeding. Badly.

"NO!" I yelled and then started to shake them. I had a pounding head ache and I was really dizzy but I needed them to wake up. I needed them to be alive.

"Please get up. Please." I whispered. I sat back down and shakily took my phone out of my pocket and tried to call the cops or someone. I needed to get them help.

"911 what's your emergency." the receptionist asked. "H-help. My friends and I were in an accident." I said. I was shaking really badly and you could barely make out what I was saying because I was crying so hard.

"Are you on the highway in LA?" She asked. "Yes." I whispered. "Okay, we have had multiple reports already, help is on the way. Can you tell me how many people you're with and all of your conditions?" She asked and I nodded but cringed at the pain it caused me.

"I-I'm with two people. Caleb, Gus, and Scarlet Stuart. I-I hit my head and have a really bad headache and I'm r-really dizzy but it's not that bad. I-I can still remember things. U-um my friend Gus has glass in him. All over him actually a-and they're both unconscious. A-and I'm friend Scarlet h-has a piece of metal in her stomach. P-please help." I said and then started sobbing again.

"They're going to be there really soon. You are all gonna get help." She said and I closed my eyes and leaned my head back. Just then, I heard sirens. "Thank you." I whispered and then hung up. The paramedics quickly assisted us. Apparently we had it the worst. We all got split up but I completely passed out before I even got in the ambulance.

Even unconscious though, I was still so worried for them. It's actually all I could think about. The scene kept unfolding in front of me. I could hear all of our screams and then how silent they got.

It was absolutely destroying me.

When I woke up, I was in a hospital room and their was a nurse looking at a screen. I had a killer headache but I could still remember everything. I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

I wanted to forget so badly because it was tearing me apart inside, but I also needed to know what happened.

"Oh! You're awake. How are you feeling?" The nurse asked. "Um.. my head hurts. I have a wicked headache." I said and she nodded. "Well, sense you're now awake, I can give you pain killers for it." She said and I carefully nodded. "Do- do you know what happened to the people I came in with?" I asked.

"Um yeah. The guy is doing pretty well. He should be out in about 45 minutes. As for the girl... she's not doing well at all. I'm sorry. I can't tell you much other than that." She said softly and looked at me with sympathy. Tears brimmed my eyes as I brought my hand up to my mouth. "T-they're gonna make it though... right? T-they have to make it!" I yelled and then winced at the pain. "The boy most likely will but... chances aren't so good with the girl. Again, I'm so sorry." I started to cry when she said that.

She had to survive. She's my best friend.

I was sitting on one of the chairs in my pre-school. I was just dropped off and I honestly didn't think my mom would come back for me. She says I was a mistake and that I she hated me. I asked my dad what that had meant and he said that it was the opposite of love. And he said a mistake was something that wasn't supposed to happen.

It really hurt when my dad said that.

My own mom didn't love me, didn't want me, and wished I was never born. I was only 5 though. The only reason why I knew what love was, was because my dad always taught me about it.

My dad had died a week after but my mom didn't seem upset about it. But I was. I loved my dad. He loved me.

I was sitting alone when I heard two other kids start whispering about me. It was a girl and a boy. The girl dragged the boy over to me and tapped on my shoulder. "Hi! My name is Scarlet and this is Gus. Can we sit with you?" The girl asked.

I sniffled and wiped under my eyes before nodding.

And that's how I met the two greatest people in my life.

My mom never ended up coming back for me, but when Gus's grandma came to get him, the teachers begged her to take me, because apparently my mom had called to tell them she wasn't coming for me, so she agreed.

She took me under her wing and helped raise me. Gus's parents just up and left him like my mom did, leaving him to live with his grandma.

After the whole insane asylum thing, his grandma had died and we moved in with Scarlet. We didn't want to be away from her anyways, so we were glad it happened. Not that his grandma died! Just that we could live together.

They are the most important people in my life, which is why I needed them to be okay.