29

I heard Sam and Colby quietly gasp. I wiped the tears that had fallen and started walking to the bathroom quietly.

I didn't think coming here would spark anything but seeing that memoir for the first time and seeing how much people loved him...

It just hit me hard.

I shut the door and leaned against it, taking a few deep breaths. I needed to calm down before a mental breakdown started.

"Bubbles?" I heard someone call softly. I opened my eyes and saw Pop-Pop looking at me softly.

"Are you ok?" He asked quietly. "I will be." I replied quietly as well.

He nodded and then smiled softly at me and came closer to me.

"You know I'm always here with you guys, bubbles. I never left." He said. I nodded and wiped my tears.

"I know. It's not that. It's just... I've never seen that and seeing it for the first time just... I don't even know." I said and he nodded. "I understand Bubbles. I do." He said and I nodded.

I closed my eyes for a second and leaned against the door and just sat there for a few before I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Scarlet?" I heard Colby quietly ask. I sighed and opened the door.

He was about to say something when his face dropped. He pushed me out of the way gently and walked into the room. "Colby?" I asked. He turned around quickly and looked at my confused face.

His features softened for a second before he spoke. "Who was in the bathroom with you?" He asked.

My eyes went wide. "You saw him?!" I asked. My eyes went wider when I saw Colby's face grow angry. "Wait! That sounds wrong, let me explain." I said and sighed.

"I came in here to take a breather for a sec and Pop-Pop showed up. You saw him." I said with a small smile. He then pulled me in for a hug and sighed of relief.

"You scared the shit out of me Scarlet. I thought something was happening to you or something, Jesus." He said, making me giggle. "Sorry." I said and smiled and then pulled away from him.

"I can't believe you saw him." I said quietly. "Yeah. That's was crazy. How are you by the way? I could tell you were upset earlier." He asked and grabbed my hands.

"I'm ok now. It's just... I haven't seen that before and it just hit me harder than expected. You know?" I asked and he nodded. "I know, love." He said and kissed my forehead. I smiled and then grabbed his hand and started leading him out of the bathroom.

"Let's go back." I said quietly. He nodded and then walked with me back to everyone.

"Hey, are you okay?" Caleb asked me quietly once he noticed us walking towards them.

"Yeah, that just... hit me. You know?" I asked and sighed, looking at the memoir. "Yeah, we understand." Sam said as Gus and Cay came over and wrapped their arms around me.

"I wish he was still here." I said quietly. "Us too." Cay and Gus said at the same time.

"Who said I wasn't?" I heard from behind me. Gus and I whipped around and saw Pop-Pop standing their with a smile.

"You know what we mean." Gus said with a grin. Pop-Pop chuckled and nodded. "I'm always here though kids, and I'm ok with talking to you and your friends through those devices." Pop-Pop said and smiled.

"We would really like that. We'll let you know when because we gotta see if the places are really haunted or not." I said and he nodded.

"I understand Bubbles, I'll let you guys go now. I love you all." He said with a smile and then disappeared.

I sighed and leaned my head on Gus's shoulder for a second and closed my eyes.

It was hard saying goodbye to him sometimes because I never knew if it was gonna be my last time.

I opened my eyes after a few seconds and turned back towards everyone. "I'm ready to leave when you guys are." I said quietly.

They all nodded and we started to make our way out of there.

I honestly have no idea why I'm acting this way or feeling this way.

It's really weird but maybe it's just because being here made me feel sad and stuff.

I thought I could handle coming here but maybe I was wrong.

Or maybe it's not that at all.