23

I froze in fear, not knowing who would be at the door. Sam is with Colby, Kat and Tom are away, Cay is with Dom, and Gus and Gabby are most likely still sleeping.

I hesitantly made my way to the door and waited a second before opening it.

Except no one was there.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion before concluding that it was probably someone ding dong ditching the house. I shrugged and then went to close the door, but something caught my eye.

It was a big brown box with wholes poked into it. I scrunched my brows again.

We weren't supposed to get any packages at all.

I looked around and then brought the package inside. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

When I picked it up, my hand touched something that felt like paper. The box was also extremely heavy.

I quickly brought it inside and then turned it to look at what seemed to be a paper taped onto it. Sure enough, there was a paper that read, "PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THEM. I COULDN'T."

My eyes widened and I quickly ripped open the box to reveal what was inside.

I gasped as my eyes locked onto four puppies sitting in the box looking up at me. They were shaking, probably with fear as they looked around at their surroundings.

But once they noticed me, they looked up and started wagging their tails as they stood up in the box.

I froze.

What on Earth was I supposed to do?

I mean I've always wanted a dog, but four?

I don't know if Colby and I could handle that right now.

All of the dogs' weight tipped over the box and they all surrounded me.

There were two German Shepherds, a Yorkshire Terrier, and a Husky. They were all puppies; probably a few months or so.

I smiled and pet them all. I was already falling in love with them.

They were very cuddly so I played and cuddled with them until Aurora woke up. She had only slept for an hour and a half so that means I've only had the dogs for about 30 minutes which is good because that means they wouldn't go to the bathroom while I left.

I wanted to go to the store and get things for the dogs because I knew I wanted to keep them.

I know I should probably ask Colby before but, he has recently been saying he wants a dog or two because Aurora loves animals, Colby loves dogs, I've wanted one, and for a protector and friend for Rora.

Little did he know we were getting four.

I knew Colby wouldn't have a problem with it but even if he did, I would give them to like... Cay or someone.

Rora and I went to the store and got a few things for each dog before quickly making our way back home. I set everything up and then put a leash on each of the dogs and put Aurora in her stroller before making our way outside for a walk.

I spent the next month training the dogs and hanging out with Rora. They're very good dogs and are very smart and can do some very cool things. I don't know how I did all of this in one month but I potty trained them, taught them to sit, stay, lay down, come to me, ring the bells on the back door to go outside, to protect, to not bite or eat what their not supposed to, and even taught them to stay in their crates the whole night AND to not run away.

That last one was a little scary but I still got it done.

There's a few other things that I can't fully remember that I had taught them as well.

I must be a dog whisperer or some shit because damn, I'm even impressed with myself.

The dogs do great with Rora and myself and they're just perfect.

There's no way Colby won't fall in love with them almost instantly.

The dogs follow me around almost everywhere I go and they're so cuddly and cute.

Today Colby is coming back though and I'm so excited for him to meet them and, to see him.

I've barely talked to anyone in the past month because I've been so caught up with Aurora and the dogs.

I'm currently resting on the couch while the dogs play in the backyard and Aurora naps.

But my thoughts were interrupted by the front door opening.