24

I got up and ran to Colby, wrapping my arms around his neck, holding him close. He wrapped his arm around my waist tightly and buried his head into the crook of my neck.

"Hi baby." He said quietly. "Hi love." I said. "I missed you." I said with a smile as I pulled away from him. "I missed you too." He said and then kissed me. I smiled into the kiss and then pulled away. "Lets get your bags situated and then we can go to the nursery and see Rora and then I have a surprise." I said.

"What kind of surprise?" He asked and smiled at me. "A really good one." I said and then took his hand and lead him upstairs. We quickly dropped off his bags in our room and then made our way to the nursery.

When we got there, Aurora was standing up in her crib. She squealed and reached her arms out when she saw Colby. "Well good morning miss Rora." I said with a smile as Colby smiled and walked over to her.

"Hi princess." He said and hugged her tightly as she giggled and wrapped her little arms around his neck. "Dada." She said and cuddled into him.

It was the cutest thing in the whole entire world.

After a minute or so, Colby turned around and smiled at me. "I'm ready for the surprise." He said making me giggle. "Okaaay." I said and then grabbed his hand and led him downstairs.

On the way down, Aurora and Colby were having a little conversation about random things because Rora couldn't say much. Although, she was definitely getting better at it.

She was a really fast learner and it was really amazing and adorable watching her grow. It was also heartwarming though. She's just like us, sweet but sassy and funny.

As we got closer to the backyard, I had Colby look at the ground so he wouldn't see. I opened the door and motioned for the dogs to come over. They hesitantly did which was a little weird but I dismissed it for now.

"Okay... look up in three...two...one!" I said excitedly. He looked up and his eyes instantly widened and his jaw dropped. "Did you get dogs!?" He asked and looked at me. I giggled and shook my head. "They showed up on our front porch. The owners said they couldn't take care of them anymore and you've been talking about getting a dog so... we got four free ones!" I said excitedly.

Aurora giggled and reached towards them. I nodded at him to let him know they wouldn't do anything to her and he hesitantly placed her gently on the ground. She ran over to the dogs and plopped down on the ground in front of them. They started licking her, making her laugh loudly.

Colby walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my waist as the dogs sat back down in front of her. "Mama, dada." Rora said and looked at us. "Yes princess?" Colby asked and crouched down next to her.

She giggled and pointed to the dogs. "Pups!" She exclaimed happily. Colby smiled at her and nodded. "Yes sweetheart, I see them!" He said.

"Baaaby?" I called and he chuckled. "Yes love?" He asked and looked up at me. "Can we keep them? Please? They are already completely trained and everything." I said and smiled proudly. Colby raised his eyebrows and grinned. "Oh yeah? Is that why you haven't been talking to me really at all this past month?" He asked and I folded my lips into my mouth. "Um maybe? Sorry about that. I was very focused." I said and he grinned.

"Don't worry about it babe. And yes, we can keep them. You both are way too cute and excited to have them. There's no way I could say no. Besides, they're pretty cute. What are their names?" He asked.

I excitedly plopped down and tackled Colby with a hug. "Thank you thank you thank you!" I said. He laughed and rubbed my back as I tightly hugged him. "You're welcome baby." He said and then pulled away and pulled me onto his lap.

"Now, tell me about the puppies." He said.

I spent the next hour or so telling Colby everything from the moment we got them, to their names and breeds, and all of the cool things I taught them. And I also showed him everything they've learned.

Basically the whole rest of the day was us all hanging out and playing with the puppies. I was right when I said Colby would fall in love with them almost instantly.

He already loved the dogs so much and he even admitted it. He was really impressed with how much I could teach them all in such a little amount of time and I didn't blame him. I was impressed too.

But the dogs were really good dogs and they listened very well and were pretty much attached at my hip so it was pretty easy.

But overall, I'm really happy and grateful.