41

We all hung out for a little while longer before people started leaving. After Colby and I put Aurora to bed, we went into our room to get ready for bed so we could rest for tomorrow.

I went to go into our bathroom but was stopped by Colby grabbing my wrist. He turned me around and pulled me in for a hug.

"I'm so excited." He whispered to me, making me smile. "Me too." I said as he tightened his grip on me.

"So I was thinking..." he started. "Oh no, that's never good." I said with a laugh. He pulled away and his jaw dropped in shock, making me giggle. "I'm kidding, what's your idea?" I asked and smiled at him.

"I don't think we should go tomorrow..." he said, making me frown. "Why not?" I asked. "Because you're pregnant. I don't want you or that baby getting hurt." He said and looked deep into my eyes.

I could tell he was nervous about us going because it can get dangerous, but nothing super bad has ever happened in that house, so I'm not worried.

"Nothing will happen love. They're the reason we met after all. But they're nice. There's mostly little kids- and yes they're real little kids, not demons." I laughed seeing as though the boys but mostly Sam, got an attachment after going to the Sallie house one day.

He laughed with me and then sighed. "I don't know Scar, you know what it's like to get hurt from the paranormal." He said.

Speaking of the attachment, we knew it wasn't the little girl it was claiming to be, because whenever Aurora and I were alone, we'd get hurt and tortured which is what he's talking about. And other times of course.

We shut it down real quick though, but I will say that it was a long and tiring process.

"I'll be okay love. And if it gets too bad, we'll leave. Okay?" I asked and cupped his cheek. He sighed and closed his eyes but nodded. "Ok." He whispered.

I smiled at him and then gave him a quick kiss before walking to the bathroom to get ready for bed. Once I was ready, we both laid down and got comfortable.

After a few minutes, Colby spoke up. "What do you think the gender will be?" He asked, making me laugh.

"Don't you think it's a little too early for the gender?" I asked and he smiled. "Maybe, but I'm really excited." He said and I nodded. "I am too.  Remind me tomorrow to schedule an appointment. But to be honest, I don't know. I'm stuck between both. I think it might be a girl because both of our families have either all boys or all girls, and we already have a girl so..." I said and he nodded.

"But I think it might be a boy because on my side, we have all girls but on yours, you have all boys. Therefore maybe it'll even out. I don't know though. What do you think?" I asked.

"I think it'll be a boy." He smiled. "Awww a mini you! That would be so cute. You're mom showed me a bunch of photos of you from when you were little and you were the cutest!" I exclaimed and jokingly pinched his cheek.

His eyes widened and his cheeks turned a light pink when I said that. He groaned and brought his hands to his face. "Of course she did." He mumbled, making me giggle.

"I enjoyed it." I shrugged. He looked down at me for a second before he rolled his eyes. "Of course you did." He said and laughed, making me laugh.

"Just you wait Scarlet. I'm gonna get alllll of your baby photos and videos." He smirked. I looked at him blankly. "Both of my parents are in jail and no one else has them." I said and laughed.

"Actually, Marie said she has old tapes and stuff from your aunt that she was gonna give to us." He said with a smirk, causing my eyebrows to scrunch in confusion.

"Did she say how she has them?" I asked and he laughed. "Marie said she stole them." He said. "Oh?" I questioned and laughed. "Yup, you're aunt was low key kind of a badass from what Marie has told us." He said and shrugged.

"Yeah, she really was." I said and laughed. "I just can't believe Marie said our other aunt never dated anyone ever." I said and shook my head.

"Yeah, that's crazy." He said and I nodded.

We ended up talking for a little before we went to bed to be awake and ready for tomorrow.