27

The flight there was shorter than normal which was nice. When we got there, we got our rental car and then headed to the hotel we were gonna be staying at.

We got our rooms and then all split up to go get ready in them. Colby and I took turns showering and then we both got ready and met everyone downstairs.

Today we were just gonna walk around and then tomorrow we're going to the location. Sam and Colby won't tell us where it is but I'm really excited to find out.

"It's weird being back." Gus said and I nodded. "Yeah, it really is. We haven't been back since we moved." I said and looked around.

"Yeah, I cant wait to see everyone." Cay said. The three of us just kind of stood next to each other and admired everything.

No matter how many bad memories we had here, we all loved it because it's where we met and where we grew up together.

I shook the thoughts out of my head and nudged Gus and Cay out of their own.

"Ready to re-explore?" I asked and smiled. They both smiled at me and nodded. They both hooked their arms through mine and then started skipping down the road, making us all laugh.

"Ok. First I think we should go to-" I accidentally interrupted Cay by gasping. "Oh my god! I have a great idea! Sorry Cay, go ahead." I said and closed my mouth. He laughed and me and then continued talking.

"I think we should get lunch first. We haven't eaten at all today." He said and I nodded. "I know the perfect place. Let's go!" I said and took the boys' hands and started running to the car to get in. All of the boys laughed at me but I didn't care.

I got into the drivers seat, Colby next to me, and the other three in the back. I giggled excitedly and then started the car and started driving to the location.

When we got there, Gus and Cay gasped. "Omg yes!" Gus said and clapped his hands. "Smart choice, best." Cay said and smiled.

"What's this?" Sam asked. I turned in my seat and grinned. "This is a cute little diner Pop-Pop used to take us to." I said and smiled at all of the memories.

"Come on. We gotta go see Eddy!" I said and excitedly got out of the car.

"Should I be considered about this Eddy?" Colby teased. "Nope, he was one of Pop-Pops best friends. He's like our uncle." I said and Gus and Cay nodded.

Colby chuckled and shook his head. "Alright, let's go see Eddy then." He said and motioned towards the diner. I took his hand and led them all inside.

When we walked in, I instantly spotted Eddy. "Welcome to- oh my! Scarlet, Gus and Caleb! How are you kids? You've grown up so much!" Eddy said and came over to give us a big hug.

I giggled and hugged him tightly, missing his big and comforting hugs.

I took a step back and let Gus and Cay hug him as well. I looked around and smiled at all the memories this place brought me.

"So how have you kids been? And who are your friends?" He asked and crossed his arms while smiling. "Uncle Eddy, this is my husband Colby and our friend, also Katrina's boyfriend, Sam." I said and smiled.

Eddy's eyes went wide when I said that. "Wow, you kids really are grown. Congratulations." He said and I smiled. "Thank you." Colby and I said at the same time.

"We've been good though. We have a daughter who just recently turned one and four dogs." I said and Eddy laughed.

"You know, you always used to say you'd have 6 kids and 10 or so dogs." He grinned and I went wide-eyed and blushed.

"Yeah, I do NOT wish for that anymore." I said and we all laughed.

We caught up for a few minutes but then he seated us and took our orders. He came back with our food and then sat down and talked with us.

It was so sentimental being back here and seeing Eddy again. He's such a kind, caring, and forgiving man.

He reminds me so much of Pop-Pop.