48

When I woke up, I felt off. I honestly don't even know how to explain it. I just felt weird. Uneasy. I was tired too. I didn't know what was happening.

"What did you learn?" Tom asked me, and I sighed. "There's a girl. Her name is Rose. She was Elena's sister. She was kidnapped too but she was killed. When we came here for the first time, she felt connected to me and "saw into my soul" which apparently isn't normal for "spirits like her" but whatever. I'll explain that later." I said and sighed as I shook my head.

"She saw that I went through something similar and wanted me to live a good life. She wanted me to have the life she couldn't have so, she sent me to you." I said and turned to Colby. I smiled at him and then grabbed his hand as I rested my head on his shoulder. I turned my head slightly and kissed his shoulder as he kissed my head and then rested his on mine.

"That's basically it. Questions?" I asked. "Yeah, what's the "saw into your soul" thing?" Gage asked. "She said that angels and demons can see into your soul and look at your life and stuff which is why they know so much about people. She said that if a spirit like her meaning new and just a normal spirit saw into someone's soul, that meant they were supposed to meet them in their life, or that they were supposed to help them or protect them or whatever." I said and shrugged.

"Did you see Pop-pop?" Gus asked me and I furrowed my eyebrows. "No? Why?" I asked. He furrowed his eyebrows in return. "Oh? He went to check up on you." He said and I shook my head. "I didn't see or hear him." I replied.

"Is Rose here now?" Colby asked and looked around. I giggled at him. "You wouldn't be able to see her silly. But no. She disappeared while we were hugging and then I woke up. I haven't seen her since. I think she's fully at peace. She thought she was at peace before but I think she's fully at peace now." I said and shrugged, then yawned.

"Do you guys wanna finish up the investigation?" I asked and everyone just kinda looked at each other. "Are you up for it?" Colby asked me and I shrugged. "Yeah I guess. I'm a little tired but I don't wanna stop just yet." I said and got out of the bed with the help of Colby.

"Alright, where do you guys wanna go?" I asked and looked around at my friends, and my family. "Wanna go back to the living room?" Gage asked and we all agreed. We continued the investigation for a little bit longer before we kinda gave up because we started to get less and less, and because it was late and we were all tired.

The rest of the night while investigating and after, we all agreed that we felt off but at peace in a way.

It was weird, especially because we all felt the same. We walked home silently but it was a comfortable silence. When we got there, we quietly said goodnight and then split up.

Colby and I quietly made our way to Aurora's room and checked on her before going to our room to get ready for bed.

Once we were done with that, we laid in bed and cuddled up to each other. "Are you okay?" Colby whispered softly after a few minutes. "Yeah." I whispered back and closed my eyes. "Okay, goodnight baby. I love you." He said and kissed my head. "Good night baby. I love you more." I said and kissed his cheek before getting comfortable and falling asleep in his arms.

Aurora ended up waking up at some point and came into our room, due to a nightmare. I pulled her into my arms and laid her down in front of me while Colby held me from behind.

I felt complete in a way. We had finally went to the house, I had my beautiful family with me and a baby on the way.

I found out some things I had been wanting to know for years, and it was all positive.

I felt the happiest I had ever felt.