46

I felt like I was floating for only a moment before my eyes closed and then opened on themselves. When my eyes adjusted, I noticed I was in the same room, except the only person in the room was a girl around my age who was sat on her bed.

It looked like she had been waiting for me. "Hello Scarlet." She said gently with a pretty smile. "H-hi. Who are you?" I asked. She smiled again and patted her bed. "I'm rose. Take a seat." She said and scooted over in her bed to make room for me. I awkwardly sat down and then opened my mouth to speak. But before I could get a word out, she spoke first.

"I know you're probably confused, but I sent you here because I wanted to talk to you, and this is the way I can properly do so." She said. When she spoke, her voice was gentle and soothing. "I'm Elena's little sister. I've been with her, John, and Sophia since I died when I was 24." She explained.

"I'm the one who sent you to the asylum to meet your friend and husband." She smilied. "Why?" I asked and she smiled again, but this time, it was a sad smile that made her look down. "I was in a similar situation as you. I was kidnapped and taken from my family and friends. I was brought to a cabin and was tortured. I was there for a lot less than you were, but that doesn't mean it still wasn't hell." She said and I nodded.

"They used me for what they wanted, beat me, and then killed me." She explained. My eyes and heart filled with sympathy for this poor girl. "Anyway, when you came to the house, I felt a connection to you. I even got the chance to look into your life a little bit which is rare for spirits like us to do" She said and I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

She laughed a little and then brushed her hair back from her face. "Demons and angels can look into your life and soul. That's how they know so much about you, and how demons can mock you and trick you. It's very rare for a spirit, especially newer ones like me, to be able to do that. They say if you can, you were supposed to meet that person in your life, or, you're supposed to help them or protect them or mentor them." She explained.

"So, when I saw yours, I knew we had a connection." She said and winked, but then she sighed. "I saw that you went through hell and that even though you were pretending you were fine, I saw that you really weren't. And maybe you don't even know that. But I do." She said.

"I wanted you to be free of this. I wanted you to live the life I couldn't. You deserve to be happy, you deserve to be with your friends and your family that came along once you went the the abandoned asylum." She said and then paused. "But mostly, I wanted you to be with your soulmate. Colby. He made you better. He made you happier. And the second I saw you, I knew I wanted you to have that." She said and we both smiled softly at each other as we teared up.

"Thank you." I whispered. She smiled once more and then pulled me into a hug. I held her tightly, feeling both sympathetic and grateful. Sympathetic because she too, deserved to live and be happy like me, but also grateful because without her, I wouldn't be where I am today. And thinking of that both scares me and makes me sad.

I couldn't imagine my life without the people in it that I discovered because of her. I met some amazing friends, long lost family, and even my one.

She's right. Colby really did make me happy. He brought this light into my life that's made me happier, healthier and better. I couldn't thank him enough for all he's done for me, simply by just being here and sticking with me through everything.

I teared up once more and held onto Rose a little tighter. My body started to weaken into the hug and I began to fall asleep.