17

"Hello?" I called out as I stared into the empty darkness. "Hi bubbles." I heard Pop-Pop sigh from behind me. I whipped around to see him looking stressed.

"What's going on? Where are we?" I asked and looked around. "Bubbles... you're in the in-between." He said sadly.

"The what?!" I asked as I started panicking. Pop-pop looked at me sadly. "Yes. You guys were in that car crash, remember?" He asked and I gasped.

"I thought that was a dream!" I yelled and brought my hand to my mouth. Pop-pop shook his head and looked at the ground. "Will I be okay?" I asked quietly, causing Pop-pop to look up at me.

"I don't know." He replied in a whisper. I stood there for a minute, trying to take in what he was saying.

I was dying and not even he knew if I would make it.

As I thought about everything, I remembered something, making me gasp as tears formed in my eyes and my hand shot instinctively up to my mouth.

"A-are Gus and Caleb okay? Oh god please tell me they're okay." I said as my voice broke. He sighed. "Yes bubbles, they're both okay. You got it the worst." He said.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

I genuinely think that if he had given me another answer, my body would've went into shock and heartbreak and I would've died on the spot.

Now, that might sound dramatic to you, but they mean the absolute world to me. They've been with me since day one.

They were my ride or dies, my 4lifers if you will. I wouldn't stand a chance without them.

The thought of it hurt. Literally.

"Ow." I hissed through my teeth as an overwhelming feeling of pain started to flood my stomach.

It hurt so bad that it brought tears to my eyes. "What's happening?" I asked with tear filled eyes.

"I think you're waking up. I know it hurts bubbles, but you have to let it in. Don't fight it, don't stop it, just let it happen. You're gonna wake up." He said with a smile.

I nodded and tried my best to let it do it's thing like Pop-pop said but it got bad. So bad I collapsed onto the ground and clutched my stomach.

"Pop-pop. It hurts so much." I cried. He sat down next to me and pulled my head onto his lap and played with my hair. "I know. You're almost there, keep it up. You're doing amazing. Live for me bubbles." Once he said that, a light appeared, making Pop-pop gasp.

"Go to the light bubbles. Quick!" He said and helped me up. I nodded and went towards the light.

I was scared. Really scared. But I trusted Pop-pop with my life. Literally.

I tried to walk into the light but I couldn't. Something was pushing me back. And it was very painful. "Go through!" Pop-pop yelled. "I can't!" I exclaimed.

"Listen bubbles, you have to. Push with everything you've got. I know it hurts but trust me. Please. You can't die, not yet. Live for me. Live for Colby and Aurora and Gus and Caleb and Sam and Kat and Tom and everyone else. They all need you bubbles. And I need you to live." He said. Tears formed in my eyes when he said that.

He was right.

I had to live for them.

I couldn't let Aurora burry her mother, Colby burry his wife, Gus, Caleb, and Sam burry one of their best friends, Kat, Tom, Alice, Marie, and hell even Lily, burry their sister, Gage and Mike burry their sister-in-law, any of my friends burry their friend, and everyone else, burry me.

I had to live, for all of them.

I nodded and then turned and hugged Pop-pop tightly, expecting to but feel anything but I did. I closed my eyes against the tears and squeezed him a little tighter.

"I love you so much, bubbles. Never forget that. I will always be here. No matter what. Tell everyone I love them and give them hugs and kisses. And make sure you give Aurora extra cuddles from me, okay?" he asked and I nodded against the tears.

"Im so proud of you, bubbles." He said and I started crying. "Don't cry. I love you and I'll be seeing you." He said and kissed my forehead before gently pushing me towards the light.

"I love you too." I whispered and he grinned. I turned towards the light and took a deep breath.

This time, I pushed everything I had in me into going through, screaming at the pain it brought me.

But I think it worked, seeing as though my vision went completely white.