38

Once everything was set up for the party, I quickly made us dinner and then we ate and watched Christmas movies as a family. After that we put Aurora to bed and then quickly and quietly brought all of the presents downstairs and under the tree. After that we went straight to sleep because we knew we had a big day tomorrow and that we'd be up early.

We woke up to a little body jumping on us. "Mommy! Daddy! Wake up! It's Christmas!" Aurora said. "Merry Christmas Rora!" I said with a smile and pulled her down into my arms so we all could cuddle.

"Merry Christmas Sweetheart." Colby said sleepily as he pulled us closer to him. "Merry Christmas! Can we go open presents?" Aurora asked and looked up at us. "Of course. Do you want to cuddle for a little first though?" I asked her. She nodded and snuggled into me more.

We cuddled for a little until Colby and I woke up a little more and were able to get up. We all walked down the stairs together in our matching Christmas pajama's and then went over to the living room. We greeted the dogs as we made hot chocolate and then sat down and all opened our presents.

We got Aurora a bunch of different things from princess costumes to normal clothes, toys, games, and everything in between. I got Colby a few new rings and a certificate to get any tattoo he wanted. I also got him some of the clothes that he had been wanting but kept forgetting to buy.

He got me a beautiful necklace that had a golden chain and a heart that opened to a picture of the three of us and the dogs on one side, and then on the other side was our wedding photo. Then he got me a matching bracelet. On one side was Gabby, Gus, Cay, and I and on the other side was my siblings, my nephews, and I.

I teared up when I saw them because they were perfect. He got me a few other small things but those were definitely my favorite.

Then Aurora had colored and painted us some things. We thought it was adorable because we had no idea she had done that.

We also got the dogs a couple things like treats and toys and it was really funny because it's like they knew the presents were for them. They would wait by Aurora as she opened them for the dogs and once they saw them, they would get all excited. It was really cute.

After we all had opened our presents, Colby and I started setting up for the party as Aurora played with her new toys.

Today was a really nice day so we opened the windows and cleaned the house and then got things set up. Once everything was set, Aurora and Colby helped me make all of the food. Once everything was pretty much made and set up, we all quickly got ready and then made our way back so I could finish cooking and so Colby and Aurora could put out some of the food.

Half way threw, the door opened and in walked in our friend group. "Where's my favorite niece?!" Caleb yelled as he ran into the kitchen. "Uncle Cay!" Rora yelled and giggled as he picked her up and spun her. "Hi angel!" He said. "Hey what am I? Chopped liver?" Gus asked and dramatically pouted.

Aurora giggled and reached for him. "Uncle Gus!" She exclaimed as he took her and threw her up in the air. I smiled as I watched the three of them interact. I've always imagined them being great uncles to my kids but I didn't think they'd be as amazing as they are.

Eventually everyone started showing up and we all greeted each other and caught up. I looked over and saw Lucas and Thomas running around with Aurora and the dogs and the sight warmed my heart. I loved my friends and family with everything I had in me.

And I absolutely loved this time of year because we all get together, and I mean us all. Like I've said before, both mine and Colby's families come up and sometimes even Sam's family comes too. They actually did this year.

We all just get together so well and it makes me really happy. They're all so sweet and welcoming. They don't judge and no matter who you are, they treat you like family.

And I couldn't ask for a better family than these people.