39

"Oh crap. Gus can you help me with the presents? I forgot some upstairs." I asked after he had passed Aurora to someone else. Colby was busy catching up with his family, so he agreed.

"So, how have you been? I feel like we haven't hung out in a while." I said and he nodded. "We really haven't. I've been good though. It's actually kind of weird though. Remember what Pop-Pop said to us that day he like... predicted our futures and shit?" He asked and I nodded slowly.

"Well, he was right about Cay with Kayla, right about Tom getting a girlfriend, he was right about giving Kat time with things, he was right about you two need protection, he was right about the bumps in your and Colby's relationship... and he was right about when he said that girl would grow attached. She almost told me she loved me the other day..." He said that last part hesitantly and then bit his lip and looked at me.

My eyes went wide as I paused to look at him. "Oh shit..." I breathed out. "Yeah... I don't know what to do! Like I mean yeah she's a great person but you know me, I don't want to date." He said. I could tell just by looking at him that he was battling this situation in his head.

Gus may go around but overall, he's a great guy and I can tell that this is really affecting him because he doesn't want to hurt her.

"Please help me. You're a girl. What do I do?" He asked. We sat on my bed and I put my hand on his knee. "Honestly? Just tell her. Maybe sugarcoat it a little bit but none the less, just tell her. Don't be forced into a relationship you really don't wanna be in. You can obviously still be friends with her, but maybe wait a few for her to get over it a little." I said and sighed.

"Unfortunately she's gonna be a little heart broken but you don't want to lead her on. That's for sure. Just be sort of gentle but not overwhelmingly. You know? Like don't treat her like a baby but remember that she's gonna be a little heart broken for a little. Don't make it seem like you're just using her though!" I said. He looked at me weirdly.

"Woman are confusing." He mumbled and then placed his head on my shoulder for a minute. "I wish Pop-Pop was wrong about this one." He said quietly. I put my head on his. "I know. It'll be okay though, trust me. If she needs space, give it to her. That's all." I said and he nodded. "Thank you." He said and pulled away from me.

"Always." I said and smiled and then stood up and hugged him. "Alright. Let's get these presents." I said and laughed. We took a couple trips before we finally only had a few small ones.

We were walking down the stairs when Caleb started laughing at us. "What?" Gus asked. "Look what you're under." He said and pointed up. I looked up and saw a mistletoe. I went to say something but a wave of sickness went right over me. I quickly shoved the presents into Gus's arms and then ran to the bathroom.

I quickly dropped to the floor and threw up in the toilet. After a few seconds, I heard Gus and Caleb quickly running to the bathroom. "You know, I found it gross that we were both under that thing but damn b. You freaking threw up? Damn that hurt." Gus joked, but I wasn't in the mood to joke.

Cay came up behind me and took my hair. I held up my wrist for him which had a hair tie so he could tie it in a ponytail. "Damn. Let me go get Colby." Gus said once I wouldn't stop, and then jogged out of the room.

Once I stopped for a few, I groaned and then went to reach into the cabinet to get more toilet paper since we were out.

I unfortunately saw something in there that made me turn and continue throwing up into the toilet.

Colby came jogging in and took Caleb's place on the floor. "I'm here baby. I'm here. Let it all out." He said and rubbed my back.

I eventually stopped and then wiped my mouth and stood up and flushed the toilet. "Um... I'm gonna go brush my teeth really quick." I said and then rushed out of the bathroom and up to my room.

I went into our bathroom and then locked the door. I crouched down and grabbed something out of the cabinet. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Okay. Let's get this over with."