31

When we got close to the location, Sam and Colby started the intro. Once we were a really close though, Sam and Colby made us close our eyes and look down.

"I don't like surprises." Gus whined, making Sam and Colby laugh and me to roll my closed eyes. "Just close your eyes and be quiet, we're almost there." Caleb said and laughed as Sam, Colby, and I all 'ooo'ed. "Shut up." Gus mumbled, but I could hear his grin.

We drove for a little while longer until we pulled into what seemed like a dirt parking lot. Sam and Colby wanted to be extra funny and not let us look until we were out of the car. They did this to bother Gus so I wasn't complaining. I thought it was hilarious.

We were all laughing as the boys tried to get us out of the car. Gus was making us laugh really hard so it was really difficult.

Once they successfully got us out of the car, they put us next to each other as we tried to stop laughing. "Ok, now that we've all calmed down," Sam said and laughed but Gus, Cay, and I froze, due to us hearing a certain noise in the background. "You can finally open your eyes." Sam finished, but we didn't open them because we were still frozen in fear.

"Uh guys, you can open them..." Colby said after a few seconds. "There's no way it's that one is it?" I asked quietly. "What other one is there around here?!" Gus whisper-yelled. "It's not gonna be that one. We're gonna open our eyes and it's gonna be one on the opposite side of town, ok?" Caleb said quietly but I could hear the fear in his voice.

"Ok." Gus and I replied quietly at the same time. We all grabbed each others hands and then took a deep breath. "On the count of three," Cay said. "One," He started. "Two," Gus replied. "Three." I finished and we opened our eyes.

We looked behind Sam and Colby and saw the terrifying path that I hadn't been to in over 10 years. We all gasped and took a step back when we saw it. "No." I said with tears in my eyes. "What's wrong? Why are you guys so freaked out?" Sam asked and looked behind him nervously. Gus and Caleb tightened their grip on my hands as I looked at them. "H- he isn't gonna be here is he?" I asked as a few tears slipped out of my eye.

Their eyes softened sympathetically when they saw my face. "It's been over 10 years Scar, he's probably not..." Cay said and Gus nodded. "Ok." I said quietly and took a deep breath before I turned back around to face Sam and Colby.

"I don't wanna talk about it. Let's just start investigating." I said and started walking the path. I looked around every step I took, paranoia and fear being the only thing I could feel.

I could hear the boys talking quietly behind me as they followed slowly behind me. "What's going on?" Colby asked the boys quietly. "Yeah, why are you all so freaked out?" Sam asked. "It's her story man, not ours. She clearly doesn't wanna talk about it and it's none of our business to tell you nor to push her to telling you. Just... never mind." Gus said quietly and sighed.

"Yeah, we aren't gonna tell you her story but I'm sure she'll tell it when she's ready. We should probably stay close to her though." Caleb said. "Uh okay? But can you at least tell us if it's safe to be here?" Colby asked. I could tell he was worried but I just wasn't ready to talk about it yet.

This was similar to the asylum situation but just a little bit dialed back, I guess.

"Scarlet wouldn't put us in danger if it wasn't. What happened wasn't physical, I guess. I don't know how to explain it but the chances of it happening again are slim to none. Nothing bad physically happened here, so let's just stick with her and get this over with." Caleb said and sighed.

They all caught up to me and then we took the corner and walked a little further in silence until I froze, sighed, and then turned around to face the guys.

"Welcome to trip waterfall."