4

After a while, Kat and I pulled apart and Colby hugged her as I sat down and wiped my tears. They sat down as Gus and Caleb stood up.

"Why hello everybody!" Gus yelled, dragging out the 'y' as everyone cheered. "I'm sure you all know who we are but in case you've been living under a rock, we're Scarlet's best friends, Gus and Caleb." He said with a smirk and then dusted his shoulders as everyone laughed and Caleb and I rolled our eyes.

"I've known Scarlet since we were literally babies, and then we met our boy Cay over here in preschool. And ever since, the three of us have been the best of friends. As everyone's been saying, we couldn't be more proud of you for overcoming one of the biggest obstacles you've faced. Actually, one of my favorite memories of us is when you told me that you healed from it,"

"Okay yeah, it's definitely like... my favorite memory I think. Anyways, as we've talked about it before, even though we fight all the time, please know it's all just jokes and that I really love you best friend. I honestly don't know what I would do without you because you've been my best friend since day one and you've been there for me through everything." Gus said and sniffled as I wiped my tears.

"I love you girl. Anyways onto Colby. Because there is children, we're going to keep this calm and totally off-brand. Colby, you've become like my brother and I couldn't thank you enough for taking care of our best friend and sister. And I love you as well brother." Gus said and winked, making us laugh. He cleared his throat with wide eyes and then smiled. "Anywho, onto Cay." He said and passed it to Caleb.

"Hi everyone." He said and then everyone replied. "I'm gonna make this quick because everyone has basically said what I was gonna say, and because Gus is gonna get grumpy if he doesn't get food in a few minutes.." He said making everyone burst into laughter. "I would like to protest- I- never mind." Gus mumbled and then crossed his arms but smiled.

"Scarlet, I'm so happy you finally found your person and that, that person is genuinely a good person who treats you incredibly. I'm so proud of all of your accomplishments and all of the hard work you've done. I'm so happy that you're happy and I love you and your little family. I'm also so honored to be your daughter's favorite uncle and-" Just then, all of her uncles stood up. "Hey now-" Gus said.

They playfully argued for a few before we all started laughing. "Okay okay, anyways before we go, I would like to share a few poems with you all that I've found. This first one is for Scarlet. I am so proud of you. Despite all the hardships; you persisted, you endured, you never quit, you preserved, you kept going, you never gave up, you stayed on course, you prevailed. I am so proud of you." He finished and everyone cheered and clapped as I wiped away more tears.

"Thank you, this is another for Scarlet. Best friend. You're the one who's by my side when no one else is there. You're the one I can always count on, you always seem to care. You help me through the tough times, and when i've lost all hope. You cry with me at sad times, and laugh at all of my jokes. You never seem to judge me or ever put me down. You put a smile on my face, when ever you see a frown. You're better than a sister, you're more than just a friend, you have a special place in my heart, that's why you're my best friend." He concluded. I covered my face and cried into my hands. Colby rubbed my back and then I looked up and wiped under my eyes as everyone sniffled and some wiped away tears as well.

"Okay, now for the both of you. Here's to right now. You're surrounded by your loved ones and all are wishing you well as you create a brand new chapter in the story that's yours to tell. We talk about the memories you have yet to make together and the moments you've already shared, to be carried with you forever. But take the time to live as your marriage begins. Look around and soak it up; the moment we are in. For this is where the magic starts, when you both say your vows. You pledge to spend your lives as one because of the love you feel now. So yes, here's to a future that is bright and warm and clear, but more than that, here's to right now, and what it means to be here. Thank you all and have a good night." Caleb said and waved before both of them made their way over to us.

I stood up and squeezed them both equally hard. "Thank you guys. I love you." I whispered, trying my best not to cry again.

"We love you too." They said and then pulled away and smiled.