Chapter 73 - House Arrest: Over!

~~~

Mina strolls on past, a huge, knowing grin spread across her face. She completely ignored Kira and headed for her room.

"Mina, Mina, Mina, Mina, Mina," Kira begs in quick succession. "Wait, wait, wait."

Kira reaches out to grab the back of her friend's light yellow shirt, halting her in her tracks.

"It's not what it looks like."

Mina tilts her head back, her curly hair flopping everywhere. "Yeah. I'm sure."

"I'm serious." Kira frowns, releasing Mina's clothes to allow her to turn to her properly.

"I know what I saw," she insists.

"You didn't see a thing!"

"You're right," Mina replies, bobbing her head side to side with her arms crossed over her chest. "That would have been disgusting."

"Mina!" Kira hisses, nearly stamping her foot furiously.

"Okay, okay." Mina shows Kira her hands, a mock surrender. "I'm not gonna drop the issue completely. After all, I'm allowed my own suspicions of why you came out of Kirishima's room in the middle of the night." Mina pauses, as Kira fumes before her, her hands balled into fists at her sides. "What's the issue?"

"This." Kira reveals the booklet, ignoring Mina's determined detective senses.

"What the heck is this?" Mina asks.

Kira sighs heavily. "That's exactly why I was in Kiri's room. Someone knocked at my door and left this for me to see."

"No one was there?"

Kira shakes her head at the question, while Mina takes the booklet to skim through, her brows knitted, humming with each turn of the page.

"Well, this is a good thing isn't it?" Mina says finally. "Means you won't really have to worry about catching up since it's all here for you."

"But, who left it for me?"

"Who cares!" She shrugs loudly, shoving the booklet back in Kira's chest. "Be grateful."

Kira hesitates, watching Mina skip back to her dorm room door. "Did you make up these notes for me?"

"Psh!" Mina scoffs. "Are you kidding me? I barely have enough time to keep up myself. Besides" - Mina looks back at Kira with her fingers on the door handle - "I love you, sure, but not that much."

~

Akira didn't go to sleep that night. After her frustrating chat with Mina, she plopped herself back down at her desk, staring at the empty sheet of paper that should be her apology note.

The whole time, Kira could see the book of notes in the corner of her eye, practically daring her to take a peek. She will not cheat.

Mina was another added issue to her list of steadily growing problems. It had to be her to spot her coming out of Kirishima's room - the school gossiper. Kira just knew that tomorrow people would be looking at her differently.

It was Kira's first day back after her two day long house arrest. With her bag strapped over her shoulders and her completed apology note in her hand, she ignored her stomach's cries for breakfast. If she ate anything, she's worried she may just throw it back up again. Her stomach was in knots from the consistent worry of Mina's blabbermouth.

She probably messaged the other girls the second she got back into her room. That's it: Kira's officially doomed.

As Kira trudged through the dining room, she could feel a few eyes on her, not as many as she was expecting, but still, more than she should have. Kira decided not to grant the watchers the satisfaction of seeing her anxious eyes so she kept her gaze forward, aiming for the double doors. She wanted to get out of here as fast as she could.