Chapter 58 - The Initial Phase (Part One)

~~~

Kira and her fellow students had their gear all ready to go - she had her targets on either thigh and the centre of her midsection, just under the chest. Hopefully, she would be able to protect herself enough against the other schools, which she just knows will be difficult to defeat.

During her time at UA, practising her ultimate moves and combat skills, Mei Hatsume had finished Kira's new hero outfit, much to her preferred liking. In the end, she had decided that she wanted to change the colour from black and green to white and green - it just made it seem more heroic, for a start. Also, instead of a one-piece, it has been transformed into a two-piece costume, just to offer her more mobility should she be in trouble.

The clothing is loose, like she inquired to the eccentric inventor, the top half being a zip-up jacket and the bottoms being cargo style, with several large pockets along the outside for her extra essentials. Not only that, the gauntlets that have been supplied are tough and green, definitely heat resistant enough that they should withstand her extreme temperatures. As for the boots, they're definitely solid, much like Midoriya's new shoes, but having them cope with her Quirk is something unknown to her. After all, it seems impossible for Hatsume to have made boots that can survive her power.

The aspect that intrigued both Kira and Hatsume was a certain part of her jacket. She had specifically requested to leave the section of her neck that had been scarred by Dabi revealed. So, her jacket has a high collar around the back of her neck, also to act as a kind of brace were she ever in danger of injuring her neck, head or spine. But, as the collar nears around the front of her neck, under the chin, it angles down, connecting to her zip. She isn't ashamed to hide her scars anymore, even if it reminds her every second of what the villains are capable of. That's the point of it all, she assumes.

The building's roof opens up and the walls part to reveal a vast dust land around them. Kira blinks at her surroundings, taking it all in. Over to the right appears to be a mountain range beside a factory. Behind them, a waterfall. To the left, a huge cityscape, with a large stretch of road beside it, towering high up in the air, so far that a ladder has been supplied beside it.

The fact that all of this has been built for the sake of the provisional license exam seems a bit unconventional, in her opinion.

Before Kira could even formulate some kind of plan, the students are given the go-ahead and so she races after her classmates to try to find some cover from what she just knows will be a formidable battle. After all, because of the Sports Festival, class 1A is already at a severe disadvantage in the eyes of the other schools. It's sure to be a massacre.

"Everyone!" Midoriya yells out. "Stay close together! We'll fight them as a group!"

Kira nods along with Ochaco beside her. With the way things are heading, splitting off is the worst move to do.

"Yeah, right!" Bakugou retorts. "This isn't a field trip!" He stalks off away from the group.

"Idiot," Kirishima mutters. "Wait up!"

"Kirishima!" Kira calls to him, grabbing his black sleeve. "You don't have to go with him. Stay here with us. It'll be a lot safer."

He turns to face her, a competitive yet confident smile across his face. "You know I'm not gonna just leave him out there on his own."

"And if you fail because of him?' She asks, a small frown appearing, as she releases his clothing.

"I won't," he sighs, turning his body a fraction to her. "Even if the other schools know about our Quirk's, Bakugou's not gonna let that stop him. And even though he'd hate to admit it, he's gonna need some backup."