Chapter 46 - Progressing Ultimate Moves

~~~

Akira wasn't able to get back to sleep after her haunting nightmare. Dabi's horrifying expression plagued her thoughts whenever she tried to close her mind off and surrender to her much needed slumber. The intensive training they've all been undergoing has really rattled her bones and the only way to recharge her energy is to sleep. However, no matter how much she tried that night, she was terrified.

She had raised an arm up to the ceiling, reminiscing of a skill she acquired so long ago. Tiny balls of green luminescent light drifted up from her fingertips, before spreading throughout her room, hovering in the air, illuminating her dorm in an eerie glow. It kept her company at night when nobody else could. When she's sleeping, she's truly alone.

Now, she faces off against Ectoplasm, or at least one of his clones, her eyelids heavy and her bones weary. She blocks an attack, her arms crossed tightly over her head. Ectoplasm swings a feint, one leg aiming to take her head off and she braces, but instead he tucks his leg close to his body and charges at Kira, his head low to ram into her body. He's feinted before and so she side-steps, using the momentum to drive a swift chop to the back of her opponents neck and the clone liquefies.

She gestures to the real Ectoplasm for another and a clone appears before her.

"I think I've gotten the hang of hand to hand for now," she pants, brushing her hands together. "It's been a few days and I would like to improve my other skills."

"Very well." Ectoplasm straightens from his combative stance. "What would you like to focus on?"

Kira glances down at her gauntlet. Hatsume is still waiting for an answer about Kira's final decision. She was sure she was certain but now... perhaps her scar could be a symbol. A mark to prove her resilience and a show of determination for future pro heroes in the making. Who knows: she could be someone's idol once she becomes pro. For now, she's still using her old costume, until she acquires her improvements.

Ectoplasm waits patiently for an answer, the clone practically unmoving before her, it's kind of creepy. An explosion impacts a section of concrete higher up to the right and Kira watches Bakugou soar through the air and twist his body around in an attempt to try out a new move.

"Where are you looking?" Ectoplasm wonders.

"Whenever my Atomic power unleashed, Bakugou was there every time," she answers, still staring up at the boy.

"Why do you think that is?"

"I'm not sure," she mumbles her reply.

Ectoplasm pauses for a moment, essentially gathering his thoughts. "Emotions may very well be the cause."

"What do you mean?" She frowns, turning to face the clone.

"Everytime you were with Bakugou, what do you think triggered it?"

Her frown deepens at the pro hero, unsure of what he's insinuating.

"What were you feeling?" He questions.

"Uh... angry, upset, frustrated, I don't know." Kira shrugs slightly.

He nods. "Hone those emotions and try to unleash you Atomic power on me."

Kira barks an uncertain laugh. "I dont think that's such a good idea. My mother always said to control my emotions. Whenever they bested me, she ensured me that pushing them down and out of sight was needed."

"Well, Light Bringer isn't here anymore," Ectoplasm argues, moving to a fighting stance. She flashes him a look as he presses. "You're training at UA with me instead."