Meet the Circus

After breakfast was finished Allen pulled out the meat he had bought for the late lunch early dinner barbecue for the family. Y/n immediately took over when they saw the brisket and 2 racks of ribs.

A:*scoffs* Are you seeing this Hailee. She just comes right in all excited to cook, I swear you are a terrible guest sweetie.

Well, can I even be a guest if I'm back home?

A: touche sweetie. Anyways everyone is going to be here let's see it's like 9:30 now. *does mental math* The rest of the family is gonna be here in about 4-5 hours, so we might want to get that brisket going soon.

*Camera Flash*

So you did remember the disposables. Thought you said you left them behind.

Yeah, I thought I did but they were wrapped up in a jacket. And I am determined to fill these last 5 cameras with pictures between today and tomorrow. It might be tricky but I think we can do it.

Hey, dad does me a favor and grab 3 of the cameras from Hailee, please.

Wait why is he grabbing 3?

Well, i have meat juice on my hands and salt pepper and various other seasonings on them and I don't think you want that on those cameras.

But as for why he's grabbing 3? That's a simple answer you go put those ones in your hands away. Those will be for tomorrow you'll get one and so will I. As for the three in dad's hands one can go to Zander, another for my Dad and the final one can be for you and me.

*slightly puzzled* Huh you know so long as dad and zander take pictures of the family it would work perfectly. 

Exactly and you will get all your cameras filled up a little faster and easier and not forget when you get caught up in conversation. So dad can you go give one of those to Zander please and explain what to do with it. I'm sure he can figure it out for a 7-year-old he's pretty sharp.

A: Sure thing sweetie is Hailee taking over my sous chef role for now?

I don't know about taking over but I can certainly fill in.

Allen goes to take one of the cameras to zander and explain what it's for and only to use it when the rest of the family arrives to the house. Hailee and y/n finish seasoning all the meat and wrap the meat and throw it all on the smoker. Suddenly Zander pops out from the side of the house and takes pictures of Hailee and y/n like a tiny paparazzo.

Woah I didn't see you there man, I hope you got a few good pictures there. Now, exactly how many did you get of me playing the air drums.

Z: A lot like maybe too many

of course, you did.

Z: can we play now?

Sure but it has to be out here so we can watch the smoker and flip the ribs in a little. What do you think about playing tag?

Oh, I can play some tag.*stretches* what do you think Z do you wanna play?

Z: Heck yeah I'm It*slaps y/n* And now you're it.

Y/n starts to chase Zander around the back yard weaving in and out of the trees and other greenery on the lawn. After about 3 minutes of being unable to tag Zander, y/n sees Hailee stop to get a picture of y/n like some sort of nature photographer. Hailee gets the picture and looks up to see y/n running full speed straight for her. Hailee runs and nearly runs over zander barley missing him and tripping causing her to fall and for y/n to dive and tag Hailee.