Calling back Home

After the walk with her dad going so well, Hailee cuddled up to y/n on the couch. The call Hailee had gotten from Pete after the walk made her fall apart in the best way. She hadn't had many partners but her parents let alone her dad had never been this vocal about how much he liked who she had dated.  Y/n seeing that her girlfriend was practically standing there in a puddle of tears made her call her over to the couch for some cuddles. They sat there for an hour. Hailee tucked her head into the crook of Y/n's neck while Y/n told her just how much she loved her.

So now that your parents know...Do we tell mine?

Well, that is typically what happens, babe.

I know but like you aren't the average person.

I wouldn't blame you if you still wanted to keep us under wraps.

Look I told my parents because I couldn't keep us under wraps. 

So we can tell your parents.

I'm ready for our families to know about us. 

Maybe not the world yet but those who are the most important to us.

And I respect that.

So how do we want to tell them?

I know you mentioned to them that you were talking to someone.

Never specified who but you said the closet is glass at this point.

Well, all my family moved to Indiana and I stayed here for work.

Oh, I thought they lived in the state.

They used to live in the state.

 Obviously, there are way more connections to the art and professional photography scene here than out there so when they left the state I stayed.

 I mean new York is on that side of the country and is only a hop skip and a jump away, but I've got clientele here. But to answer your question, a simple Facetime will have to do until I can actually make it back home.

Okay, yeah a facetime. I like that.

When I do make it back home I do hope you'll consider joining me. You know, to properly introduce you to my parents.

About that...

Oh... you don't want to meet my parents yet... I ge-

No babe that's not it.

Y/n had dropped her head and Hailee reached out and grabbed y/n's hands and made y/n look up at her.

Sorry bad word choice.

What I wanted to tell you is that there's actually an event I'm attending that requires me to go to New York.

I get a plus one, and I want it to be you.

If you're free that is.

Ok? 

I mean it sounds really fun.

But how does this relate to meeting my parents?