The Date

Epilogue: The Date

3rd person pov:

The day Josh was waiting for since a very long time had finally arrived. Normally it would have taken months for him to plan something this important but it didn't. He just had to go back to his memories to figure out what Kate would like. It was not that hard actually... he had to make sure she was not close enough to guess where he was taking her. As of now, she seemed quite excited and hyped up, just as he wanted her to.

He was driving them... Lisa had given him her car. She'd also said the obvious, 'have fun but not too much.' She was gonna give him the talk but Charlie stopped her saying he was old enough to know everything. She was a bit sad cuz it was her first time to give the talk so Josh had promised to listen to her after the date... it was his first time to have his mother care so he'd listen to it as many times as she wanted, just to see her happy.

"Where are we going??" Kate asked.

"I swear you'll love it, babes."

"Then tell me!! I'm dying with excitement."

"Patience, hon."

"Oh c'mon... at least tell me how long is it gonna take us to reach there?"

"Ten more minutes."

"You drive nicely... why haven't you ever taken me on rides before??"

"Because... I didn't have a car?"

"Oh right. Well, take me from now on."

"Sure... I'll bribe mom with Sammy time and she'll let me have the car to myself."

"She loves him that much?"

"More than she loves me probably, which is wayyy too much."

"Aww, poor Josho!"

"Don't you call me that."

"Why?"

"Well... for starters, I don't like it and there was this girl back in high school whom I used to date and she used to call me that and it was annoying. Phil used to tease me a lot."

"Wow... so I am definitely not gonna stop calling you that."

"I knew you'd say that."

"How much time Joshoo???"

"It's legit been just a minute since you last asked."

"Drive faster then!"

"Not happening."

"Fine," she said as she increased the volume of the music player and opened her window.

The moment Josh shut off the engine, Kate jumped out of the car looking around. It was a one-hour drive and they'd finally reached. He got down and went to her side watching her look around happily.

"So?" he asked.

"I've never been to amusement park before!!"

"I know," he said wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Who told you that? That's like the most embarrassing thing."

"It's not. It's okay if you've never been to an amusement park... I'm glad I'm the one to bring you here first."

"You know, I'd always wanted to come but mom used to tell me I was too young and when I grew up, dad was not in the condition to come with us and I didn't feel like going without them. Drake had asked me once, to go with him but I couldn't cuz it was something I'd always wanted to do with my parents."