Letters Part 1

Guys... the letters start from this chapter onwards... I've stacked boxes of tissues at the end of chapters if u need...

Chapter: 24 Letters (part 1)

Josh's pov:

I was thinking about opening the letters. It's been four days since I had that fight with Ash. And I regret not giving him chance. I want my best friend back, I love him too much to let him go away again. Whatever Kate... nope Katherine, said was true. I should read the letters Phil wrote. I need to read those. And I also need Katherine here. We've grown kinda close since when she had the worst nightmare. I like her being around, laughing, being happy. She makes me happy. It was 11 pm but I was gonna open the letters today. So I called Katherine.

"Hey... what's up?" she asked as she picked up the call.

"Can you come over?"

"You okay?"

"I guess I'm ready to open the letters."

"Oh. Do you need something? Like, coffee or tea?"

"Nah. You'd be enough."

"Will be right there."

"Oh wait. I'd like that coffee... but uh... the Café would be closed now."

"No it doesn't close until midnight. How much do you want?"

"Uh... two full ones would do right?"

"With the amount of caffeine you are consuming these days... I guess you'll need more than that."

"Then bring how much ever you think I'll need."

"Josh... this is coffee we're talking about, not beer bottles. Hot coffee. How am I supposed to carry more than 2 cups?"

"Okay."

"Don't worry. I'll make you some if you need."

"Yeah, that'd be amazing."

"I'm coming. Don't stress. Deep breathe. And think about happy things, I'll be by your side in 10 minutes."

"Yeah, don't worry."

After some time Katherine came to my room with two hot steaming coffee cups in her hands.

"One is yours one is mine," she said as she place both on the nightstand.

"Did you meet Doug?"

"Who do you think let me in? He's gonna leave for his aunt's, he said."

"Right now?"

"Hey Josh, can I talk to you for a sec?" Doug asked as he came in after her.

"Yeah."

We both went to his room leaving Kate with two coffees.

"Are you gonna be okay? You are really ready right? Do you want me to stay with you other than Kate?"

"I am ready. I need to get this done Doug. You saw how hurt Ash was. I need him back. No, it's alright. Why are you leaving right now, though?"

"Mila is asking for us... she is saying she wouldn't eat if I and Drake are not there. Keeping that aside... just... take it easy on yourself. I'm just a phone call away if you need me, understand?"

"Yeah, don't worry, Kate is gonna stay with me."

"Alright. I'll leave then. See ya... take care buddy," Doug said as he left.