The Mortal Instruments

Chapter 10. The Mortal Instruments

They reached Drake's place after some time. It was chill cold and Kate eagerly waited to be home. Judy, Drake's mother greeted all of them with her usual warm smile.

"Oh, you guys are her! Come in, come in. Oh Kate so that's Zayn and Alexa you mentioned about before? Hey there! I'm Judy, Drake's mom," she said.

"Yes, just that they're Zay and Alexis, you're so bad with remembering names. Thanks for having us though," Kate said, laughing and hugging her.

"Oh dear, my bad. But you mentioned that it's just four of you coming over. Why do I see five pairs of shoes?" Judy asked furrowing her eyebrows.

Kate was used to Judy's humor and she stifled a laugh when she got what Judy wanted to say.

"Seriously Mom? How can you forget your own son? I came here to have a good time and honestly I'm feeling so attacked right now," Drake complained.

"C'mon drama queen, stop bickering, I was just kidding. Now come on in. Consider this your own house, make yourself comfortable Zay and Alexis. Drake, show them a place to keep their bags and freshen up if they want," Judy said.

"Yes Ma'am, on it! Guys, it's the room upstairs, the second on the right," Drake announced.

Alexis lifted the bags, "Thanks Drake," she said and headed upstairs. Kate was washing her hands before she could go and help Judy when she heard shouting from upstairs.

"Who the hell- What are you doing with a bag? You're in the wrong house miss. Just get- get out," the voice screamed. She rushed upstairs to see what was happening.

"Why are you screaming Ethan? What's the matter?" Drake asked when Kate stepped into Ethan's room to see an awkward Alexis, angry half-naked Ethan and confused Drake.

She moved closer to Ethan and whispered to him so that only he could hear her, "you scared the girl, Eth. Manners next time."

"Some heads up would have been better you know," he whispered back.

"Ohhk, this is awkward I see. Well, Ethan this is Alexis and Alexis this is Ethan, Drake's brother who loves bands-" she was stopped as Ethan stepped on her foot which earned him a death glare from her.

"Umm Hi Ethan, I'm Alexis . I- uh...Sorry for breaking into your room like that. I guess I just entered the wrong room. But I realize, you've got a great taste in music," Alexis said shyly looking around the room which was decorated with posters of literally all boy bands.

"Guess?? Excuse me Alexa or whatever your name is, incase you haven't noticed, this is MY room. So if you just get out and let me be, it'll be really great," he said earning a slap on his head.

"C'mon Eth, it was an accident. This is Zay by the way, they're my friends-" Kate was interrupted yet again.

"And that's Alexis, my new friend. She's really cute. Now be a good boy and say hi," Drake said placing his arm around Ethan's shoulder.

"Kate's friends? I thought we were your only, amazing friends," he said looking at Kate. "Oh, well then Hi.. I guess. Now, do you guys mind getting out or you want me to come down like this?" Ethan said laughing awkwardly which was not so much Ethanly.

She looked back at him before leaving the room, "Waiting for you, come fast," she said.

"Will be right there my lady," he said as she went downstairs.

"Dinner is ready! Drake...Come down. Oh Alexa, Zayn, its good that you guys came down. My efforts are saved," Judy called busily as Kate entered behind them.