Mess

Chapter 35: Mess
(Unedited)

Josh’s pov:-

It had been a day since we’d returned home. I didn’t go to the apartment… I needed to help mom and dad set up the place. Andrea was not home when the we reached behind the truck. They were unloading the stuff when she parked her car in the drive way and stormed toward dad. She shouted a lot and then mom came into the picture and being the hero she is, she kicked Andrea out. According to their plan, dad had already taken out all of her stuff so after literally kicking her out, mom threw her things at her and told her to get the hell away from our lives and she picked up her stuff and left. I guess she’d seen this coming but who cares. It was fun though to watch everything that happened… I thought it was just movies where we see people actually being kicked out but here, I got to see the live show.

After helping them set up everything, we were too tired to get up and cook anything so we ordered some food. After the food arrived, we didn’t even care to place it on plates, we just ate in whatever boxes they’d delivered it in. I and Asher went to my room to sleep cuz he didn’t want to sleep in Phil’s room. Mom and dad went to dad’s room… now their room. I was happy to be back and wanted to meet the guys and Kate but I was too tired to even change out of my clothes so I fell asleep the second my body touched the bed.

I don’t know how but I woke up on the floor in the morning… my whole body was aching due to sleeping on the hard floor. I stood up to see Ash taking up all of my bed… he must have kicked me out. I pushed him to the other side and slept on my side of the bed until he turned around and cuddled into me. I didn’t care and fell asleep again.

There was a loud knock on my door which made me wake up… I pushed Ash off me and he woke up too. Mom came inside and opened the curtains letting the light seep in through the window, making me squint to see properly.

“Time to get up boys!! You already skipped your breakfast.”

I looked at the clock in my room which showed it was 1:20. I knew I was gonna wake up this late so I was not bothered by it. I got up and headed to the bathroom to shower. I took a really long shower cuz I’d missed this bathroom. It was 2 when I finally got downstairs to have lunch. Ash was already sitting at the table looking like a zombie. Mom and dad served us and we started eating. It was no doubt delicious. After eating lunch, Ash went to shower while I searched for my phone. I found it near the keys near the door… I might have kept it there while I brought the luggage inside. I opened it to see 3 missed calls from Drake, 2 from Kate, 7 from Eth. There were also lots of texts which I ignored cuz I was gonna meet them anyways. After Ash was done, we both left to go to our apartments.

When I entered mine, I was welcomed with the smell of coffee. I went straight to the kitchen to see Drake and Doug making out near the platform. I cleared my throat to make them know of my presence. Without waiting for a second, Drake jumped down from the platform and ran to hug me tightly which I gladly returned.

“So, how was Ohio?” Doug asked. I was not sure if I was happy with him at the moment. Since the time Drake n Kate had told me that he’d hurt Drake, I was a bit pissed at him.

“It was great but before anything… you both have things to explain.”

“Right. C’mon… let’s take this to the living room. I’ve made you some coffee,” Doug said picking up the cups and heading towards the living room. When we settled down, Drake began talking,

“So, before I tell you everything, promise me you won’t punch my boyfriend in the face or anywhere else,” he said.

“I won’t promise anything.”

“That’s fine Drakey… I can take a few punches for what I did.”

“Fine. So, back in school, we were friends… I, Kate and Doug. We used to be amazing friends actually. When I found out that I was interested in guys, it was Kate whom I told it to first. I had cried to her that I was not normal but she’d held me and told me there was nothing wrong about liking guys and that she too liked guys. Later, when I was comfortable enough, I took one step forward and told Doug. He’d said he didn’t mind me being gay and that he’d still be friends with me. Little did he know that he was the one because of whom I knew I was gay… I always thought it was because we were friends but deep inside, I knew I liked him more than just friends so one day I pulled him away from others and told him about my crush on him. At first, he didn’t say anything but later he started bullying me and calling me names just like other kids did. It was a shock cuz he’d said he’d support me but he didn’t. It all got hard when I told my parents… they were shocked too and the best thing they thought was to kick me out. At that time, it was Kate who took me in. I lived with her and her mom. Well, the bullying didn’t stop either. It was all hard for me and I was young so to make me feel physical pain instead of mental, I started cutting myself… on my arms and on my legs too. I used to do it secretly but one day Kate saw me do it and that’s when she became protective. She used to yell at everyone who used to call me names, she even went home and yelled at my parents for kicking me out. She became my hero cuz without her by my side, I don’t think I would’ve survived.”

By the end of all this, he was in tears and Doug had already pulled him in a tight hug telling him he was sorry over and over again. I couldn’t help but be mad at Doug… I couldn’t believe he did that to Drake and all I wanted to do was punch him square in the face but I had yet to listen to his side of the story. One thing I’ve learned from the recent happenings in my life was to give the other person a chance to explain themselves… it solves almost all the problems. So, I waited till Drake had calmed down and then I looked at Doug to telling him to speak.

“It was all stupid from my side. I didn’t know what I was supposed to do. My best friend coming to me to ask for support was one thing but him coming and telling me that he liked me more than friends, scared me at that time. I was scared if he’d turn me gay… which was really stupid but I was too young to know right and wrong. When I told this to my mom and dad, my dad told me to stay away from Drakey and to not be friends with him. Well, to be honest I was not gonna listen to them cuz I liked Drake, he was always so cute and caring and kind and funny, but I didn’t know if I like liked him. So, all I could do was listen to my dad. I didn’t know how I was supposed to not be friends with him suddenly so I started to do what other kids did. I called him what not and told him how disgusted I was and that he was not worth living and shit like that. I felt terrible saying those things but I didn’t know what else I was supposed to do. Later after I’d changed schools, I started to miss him and I felt guilty for what I’d said to him. I wanted to go back and hug him and tell him that I was sorry for everything and that I liked him too cuz I really did but when I asked my dad, he warned me never to go near him again. I’m so so sorry Drakey… I didn’t mean any of that… I didn’t mean to hurt you so bad, I’m sorry.”

Now it was Doug who was in tears. I’d never seen Doug cry other than the time he was drunk and wanted help for Mila and I knew he was genuinely sorry for what had happened. He was not gonna do that again and I knew that.

“I’m sorry guys to make you tell me everything and for making you remember those things. But I do trust you Doug, I know you wouldn’t hurt Drake or wouldn’t let anyone hurt him.”

“We were gonna tell you Josh… we had to. You are my brother; you should know about me as much as I know about you.”

“I’m happy you guys are finally together… if I’d known from the start, I’d have shipped you two,” I said drinking the amazing coffee.

“Well, that reminds me… when are you gonna ask Kate out?”

“I haven’t met her yet… so probably after I meet her?”

“Like today?”

“I don’t see any harm.”

“What about your plan?”

“Telling her was my plan… I already know where I’m gonna ask her.”

“I’m so excited… am I allowed front row seats?”

“I prefer doing it without audience, sorry.”

“Ahh… it’s okay as long as you tell me the deets when you get back.”

“I have to go meet Ethan… he has some explaining to do too.”

“Oh, right… he told me. Be easy on him, he’s still a confused bean. I wish I could help him but he needs to figure it out himself… and I’ll support him no matter what.”

“Well, he hurt my best friend… not intentionally but it was hard for Ash too. So, I’ll see what he has to say.”

“Do what you think is right.”

“See you later, lovebirds!”

“See ya,” Drake yelled after me as I left the apartment.

I was gonna go and meet Ethan first but I saw Kate walking towards the Café. I ran towards her and tapped her shoulder. She jumped a bit but turned around. Her eyes widened before she had a huge smile on her face as she hugged me tightly. I hugged her back.

“I missed you so much!!” she said still hugging me.

“Me too,” I said tightening my arms around her.

“You didn’t call me back. Why?”

“I was too tired to and I didn’t have my phone with me until after lunch.”

“Oh. Did you meet the guys?” she asked pulling away from me.

“I was just about to go and meet Ethan… I came from my apartment, had a chat with Drake and Doug.”

“So, you were gonna meet me last?”

“Yeah… cuz I wanted to sort out everything before I met you… and I am gonna take you somewhere so, if you have any plans, cancel them.”

“Ohh… where??”

“That’s a surprise.”

“Ughh. Fine, you wanna grab a coffee?”

“I had one before I left… Doug had made some.”

“At least accompany me.”

“Okay, c’mon,” I said as I pulled her in my side as we walked to the Café.

She gave her order and we sat at an empty booth.

“So, I know you had to talk to Drake about the past and stuff… what’s up with Eth though?”

“Well, him and Ash were messing around and Ashy caught feelings for him but Ethan is not into guys and he didn’t tell Ashy that he was dating a girl here.”

“Oh my universe… that’s a mess.”

“It is. I didn’t know Ashy was into guys, he didn’t too until Ethan and then he got heart broken when I was talking with Eth about the girl he’s dating.”

“Is he okay? Do you want me to talk some sense into Eth’s thick head?”

“It’s not totally his fault other than keeping the fact about him dating someone from Ash. Well, they were just fooling around so, it was a bit of Ash’s fault too.”

“Hmm… complicated our lives are. You wanna talk about it?”

“It’s just that one problem gets over and there’s other waiting at the doorstep.”

“Well, that’s life. But you don’t need to worry, I’m gonna be there by your side.”

“I’m not worrying. I’m too happy to have a family to keep worrying about things and there’s something else which you’d know tonight.”

“Ohh… please tell me you are gonna take me to see the girl you like!!”

“Whoaa… that’s exactly where I was gonna take you,” I said and I noticed sadness in her eyes before she smiled big again. Wait… does she… by chance… like me too?

“Oh, great. Now imma tell her embarrassing stuff about you!!”

“Sure!” I said chuckling at her cuteness.

“Hey look, there’s Ash and Eth,” Kate said pointing two booths behind me. Ethan had his back to me but I could see Ashy on the verge of crying. I couldn’t stop myself from going over there and pulling him in a hug. He put his head on my shoulder and I knew he was gonna lose it.

“You wanna get out of here?” I asked him softly and he nodded, “Ethan… you are gonna have a chat with me soon,” I said before I dragged Ash out of there.

We were walking towards his apartment when he suddenly stopped and hugged me. Ash was not one of those people who’d cry over guys or girls… he was the one who calmed me after my first break up… he was the one to hold people, not the one who needed to be held.

“C’mon babe… we’ll talk about it at home.”

“I don’t wanna talk about it.”

“Then how will I know what’s wrong?”

“I… ask him.”

“Ashy… be the guy I know… you are not the Ashy who cries… you’re the Ashy who hugs me till I stop crying, the Ashy who hits me on my head to make me forget my worries… I want that Ashy right now.”

“I don’t know Josh!”

“Okay… let’s just go home, yeah?” he nodded and we walked to his apartment. On my way I texted Kate that I was staying with Ash and that she should not wait for me.

When we reached his apartment, he rushed to his room and locked his door. Well, I wasn’t expecting him to go and make some tea while we discussed it.

“Ashy!!”

“I don’t wanna talk about it, Josh.”

“We won’t… just come out.”

“I don’t wanna…” he said his voice cracking a bit.

“Babe, let me in at least.”

“I’m good Josh, you can go home… thanks for bringing me home,” I knew he was tearing up.

“Ash, open the freaking door.”

“Let me be Joshh!”

“Not happening. Open the door.”

“…..”

“Ash, you are not gonna push me away like that.”

“I’m not… I just wanna be by myself.”

“You don’t need to though. I’m right here, aren’t I?”

“…...”

“C’mon Ashy!!”

“…..”

“Babe… open the door!”

“…..”

“Asher, open this door right now or else imma really go home.”

He opened the door a few moments later and there were tears running down his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!!
Sorry for making Ashy cry… well, making literally everyone cry… initially Ash was supposed to be straight but then it just happened… we can’t help who we fall for or make our characters fall for!! As for their future, idk if they’re gonna be together or not… think for a good shio name for them iffff, they get together... alll i can think is Ether or Ashen or Ashthan, it's like Doug n Drake for whom I'd never come up with a good ship name :((

Tell me how you liked the chapter XD
Stay tuned for the next one…

Lots of love💕

----- B. H;))